Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV saftey wire bolts by RJMII!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
UPDATED MAY 3, 2010!!!!

If you have worked on your 914 (who hasn't) then you know what a royal PITA it can be to keep your CV bolts tight. Many times people have had them come out and cause damage. I urge everyone to check their CV bolts often as many end up being loose after a very short time.

Orrrr, you can saftey wire them and sleep better at night knowing that your CVs aint going no where.

The details:
Bolts are 12.9 hardness (harder than stock) 6mm socket head(no special tripple square tool needed).
They are drilled out and chamfered.
They come with a full set of new schnorr washers (serrated washers that are cupped and should ALWAYS BE USED no matter what).

Have a different size bolt that you want converted? Shoot RJMII a PM here on the forum and he will see what he can do. Same thing goes for different quantities of things.

Ordering info --> http://www.vintagetransrebuilds.com/transr...fety-bolts.aspx

(Note: I used to do these and Jim took over and is doing an even better job. I just converted my original ad so as to reflect the change. Sorry for any confusion. Please contact Jim [RJMII] for your transmission and CV bolt needs)
Dr Evil
Pics of the lovely CV jewelry. It really is a shame to put these in an area wher only you will see them (when you are working on something else wink.gif )

Since they are drilledit would be easy to make a nice necklace or some ear rings for the special lady in your life biggrin.gif

If you have questions about how to safety wire, please ask as it is importatn to have it indexed correctly (like in the picture).
Dr Evil
Here is an example of the correct technique.
scottb
these bolts are very cool. scored a set from the good doctor a few weeks back. almost too pretty to put on the car and get all messy! the pic of the safety wire makes it easy to get it right.

buy these things and worry about one less thing going wrong on your car!
Dr Evil
Thanks man, glad you like them.

[not a paid actor] ph34r.gif
dlo914
Mike, taking Paypal payments? smile.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Dan,
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I dont always get notices of replies to my posts. I can take Paypal, but it will be $1 more to cover fees. Also, notice I raised my price $1.50 to better cover shipping AND I am now gonna offer 8' of .032" stainless saftey wire with them for an additional $1.50.

I may even offer a set of saftey wire pliers in the future....but I dont want to get ahead of my self.

Just PM me about your order and I will get you my info.

Thanks biggrin.gif happy11.gif
shoguneagle
Sent you a PM.

Steve Hurt
HeloMech
IPB Image

If we did our safety wire this loose on the helicopters at work, they'd make us cut it off and redo it.

Tighten up ship Dr. Slacker. popcorn[1].gif

Looks like a good idea. Don't have my car yet... but, well, I'm sure I'll need those. And a set for body jewelry too. Wonder if they're too long for my belly button. Hm.... wacko.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, I worked on and aircrewed HH-65s for 4 years and I know I COULD have done a better job, but necessity was not there. Function over form.

As for the belly button, I can get them in different sizes to better match your torso diameter wink.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 11 2006, 09:52 AM) *
As for the belly button, I can get them in different sizes to better match your torso diameter wink.gif

LOL, I had post-post regret... worring that it might offend. Glad to see I'm in the right place online.

Is it SATURDAY YET? dagnabbit!!!

Saturday I get my car. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Dr Evil
Its all good biggrin.gif Sarcasm and such is welcomed here.
Ctrout
Notice that the above instructional data was taken from T.O. 1-1A-8, an Air Force Technical Order. Good to see that this 914 community is able to learn from America's finest.
Dr Evil
I though that it looked familiar. I know we used AF TOs in the CG flag.gif
Ctrout
I was the T.O. manager for my unit for three years. I loaded that page to this site a couple years ago from a CD version of the T.O. I'm back on the flightline now but I don't get to do much wrenching anymore. E-6 types usually just stand around and watch others work while we collect a fat paycheck. I tried to drill my stock bolts. What a pain without a press. I'll be ordering a set from you soon.
Dr Evil
I agree with the E-6 thing, that is why I quit at E-5. Enough power, less responsability, and I still got to wrench all I wanted biggrin.gif When you want the bolts they will be here.
HeloMech
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 13 2006, 10:07 PM) *

I agree with the E-6 thing, that is why I quit at E-5. Enough power, less responsability, and I still got to wrench all I wanted biggrin.gif When you want the bolts they will be here.

agree.gif currently E-5
(though it's only a weekend thing, on the weekday side, I'm on the WG/GS scale)
seanery
hey doc...send me a paypal addy and I'll send you some $$
Dr Evil
Will do thumb3d.gif
StratPlayer
Hey Doc, any of these still for the getting,, if so send me a PayPal addy. and I'll send you the money...

Dr Evil
Yup, gonna make these until I cant wink.gif I'll PM you.
StratPlayer
Money was sent Doc.
Dr Evil
Bolt were sent, they havent arived? They went out Sat. Let me know if they do not show up by Sat. I sent them to the Paypal addy. confused24.gif
StratPlayer
So far Doc no go, lets wait another week and see if they show up. The addy on your paypal invoice is correct.
Dr Evil
I am sorry they havent shown, thats bull shit. I'll get on making another set today and send them out tomorrow. I'll label them #2 so we can see which ones make it. This is the first time that the PO has lost one of my sets. Maybe they thought it looked like a WMD dry.gif
StratPlayer
Don't give up yet, give it another week.
StratPlayer
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif boldblue.gif Hey Doc the package just arrived. It was post marked on the 3rd of Feb. Talk about snail mail, glad we waited another week and you didn't send off another package. Thanks Doc mueba.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
Too late, I sent another pack out on Mon. It just urks me when the mail loses stuff and the customer is left holding the bag. My customer service was influenced by Craig at CAMP914 biggrin.gif

I'll contact you about the other bolts....
StratPlayer
Hey doc, the other bolts arrived yesterday, do you want me to send them back? Let me know.
SGB
Anote about installation- you will ned to have the drilled through hole at 10 o'clock and 4 oclock so when you feed the wire through it does not hang up...

The quality of these is great. Much nicer than what I took off. I'm sure even without the safety wire it would be more secure....

Hey- a Doctor that prescribes preventive medicine! Better cut that out. smile.gif
iamchappy
Mike I sent you a PM, I could use another set.
Thanks...

Chap
jimkelly
got mine : )

need to install.

it just dawned on me why outside bolts don't really need this - if bolts all come out - outter cv has no where to go - but inner would cause all kinds of havoc ; ((

nice product yo!

jim
MZM
Hey Doc, please send your PP address for a set. Thanks,

GoodDog@mcbridedental.com

Mike McBride
Dr Evil
Address sent.
Thanks!
d7n7master
I need to buy a set of your cv safety wire bolts.
Please provide your address. I will mail you a check.
Thanks, Gary Sharp
My E-Mail: gary_shelley@sbcglobal.net
slow911
Hey Doc,
I need a couple of these.
send me a paypal addy and i send the $$
Thanks,
Brian

cxpx2001@yahoo.com
Mike Knox
Dr Evil,

Maybe (as a newbie) I did it wrong or something. But, I need a set of CV bolts.
I'm doing a conversion project, and seem to have lost 4 and 2 plates for one side.
Can't even get the engine started before I'm replacing parts!! So how do I go about getting a set of 8, wire etc. BTW, do you know of a source for the plates? Pelican says they're NLA.

Mike Knox
mikeknox@bisp.net
541-488-3258
Dr Evil
Hey Mike, I am out at the moment and am busy until after Fri. I would be glad to make you up a set then if you would be so kind as to remind me. As for the plates, I may have some that you can have. I'll check this weekend.

welcome.png
ztbell
gint.gif Just rec'ved the secret package in the designated drop
thx
ZB
Mike Knox
Dr Evil,

The bolts arrived today in a very professional looking package. And you're right! I DO wish my nuts were THAT safe! smile.gif

Thanks again for being such a good sport about my unwarranted sarcasm. KMA.gif

I hope the Med Boards went well and are now behind you. beerchug.gif

Mike Knox
Ashland, Oregon
tango-52
PM'd about sets for two teeners. Thanks.
tango-52
They came in today's mail. Thanks!
charliew
Hey Doc, I pmed you about some bolts but I just realized I need more than the normal application. I am using the larger 100mm, bus axles and cvs, the ones for the 5 bolt and type 2's that take 6 bolts. I think the bolts are the same.
I need 24 bolts and enough wire and washers.
I also didn't send my email addy.
Thanks,
Charlie
c-wittmer@msn.com
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 3 2008, 01:44 PM) *

Hey Doc, I pmed you about some bolts but I just realized I need more than the normal application. I am using the larger 100mm, bus axles and cvs, the ones for the 5 bolt and type 2's that take 6 bolts. I think the bolts are the same.
I need 24 bolts and enough wire and washers.
I also didn't send my email addy.
Thanks,
Charlie
c-wittmer@msn.com

Morning Charlie,

How does this work?
Is it a bolt-on option or require any machining?
Have many done this before in our application?
Does it hold up ok in a 914? (Everybody)
Thanks- jzn
iamchappy
Mike did you remake these with four holes drilled in them.
Either way id like another set.
Now that your a real Dr. and not a playtend one,
i think it would be wise for me to have a spare set laying around before you vanish from this site.......
Dr Evil
Good call, Chap. I will not be doing many of these next year smile.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 22 2009, 09:03 PM) *

Good call, Chap. I will not be doing many of these next year smile.gif

Sir Evil, Is it possible for you to bring a set (bolts, washers and wire) for me out to the PNW clinic? Figure I should re-install with almost worry free bolts! Let me know.

Thanks, Drew.
Dr Evil
Ya Drew, I plan on bringing some sets.....I will need to make them. I hate making these damn bolts dry.gif I just got in from making 3 sets out in the shop rolleyes.gif Its definitely not for the $$$ smile.gif
JazonJJordan
I love these Dr.Evil, great idea! Keep up the great work~
pilothyer
Hello Doctor.....I am in need of two sets of your most excellent CV Joint Bolt Kits. (enough for two cars) with the SS wire and, if possible, 16 additional schnor washers for future use. I will await your reply with Pay Pal info and total amount due, including PP fee, wire, extras, etc. Items will be sent to Decatur, Alabama 35603 .. Thanks in advance.. Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.