Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G Tech Pro Performance Meter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjhaun
If anbody in the group is interested: Ebay has the G-Tech up for bid for $48.00. It Retails for $139.95. See it below.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2435959282
Charles Deutsch
Thanks for pointing this out! It was too good of a deal to pass up so I bought one. A few years ago, I wrote a software program, using Simpson's rule of numerical integration, that performs the same calculations as this unit. mueba.gif
drew365
I bought one about a year ago and have only played with it a few times. It has limited usefulness for a road racer. They need to increase the record time to be able to record more than a 1/4 mile.
Charles Deutsch
I only really want it to test rear wheel hp and acceleration times. I'm willing to spend $48 for that alone.
seanery
I'm scared, I've agreed with quite a few things Alfred/Jeff/Charles has said lately.

I bought one, too!
redshift
I missed the hail of hell, but it seems to me he's not trying to be an ass.

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 7 2003, 07:34 PM)
I'm scared, I've agreed with quite a few things Alfred/Jeff/Charles has said lately.

so your a racist now? you stay awake thinking about math problems? wink.gif
laugh.gif
seanery
i hate whitie!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 7 2003, 07:44 PM)
i hate whitie!

laugh.gif
Kill Whitie!!!!!

ROFL laugh.gif
Charles Deutsch
I once watched some news footage where some white, broad-minded, liberal, do-gooders were marching with a group of blacks to confront some racists and when the racists didn't show the blacks started beating on the whites that were marching with them! OMG, I laughed 'til I cried!
sj914
Isn't that the old design. The new ones look much different.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Charles Deutsch @ Oct 7 2003, 05:59 PM)
using Simpson's rule of numerical integration

rolleyes.gif
Jeff Bonanno
quote:

"To find values for difficult integrals, either the Trapezoid rule and Simpson's rule can be used. The trapezoid rule approximates area under curves using (logically enough) trapezoids, and Simpson's rule approximates using parabolas. Simpson's rule is generally more accurate and is exact if the polynomial being integrated is of degree three or less."

Alfred, how many times have you thought "wouldn't it be nice if we just knew the form of the function?"
daktaklakpak
That's what the gtech pro looks like the gtech competition version has the more high tech look to it.
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(Jeff Bonanno @ Oct 8 2003, 01:07 PM)
quote:

"To find values for difficult integrals, either the Trapezoid rule and Simpson's rule can be used. The trapezoid rule approximates area under curves using (logically enough) trapezoids, and Simpson's rule approximates using parabolas. Simpson's rule is generally more accurate and is exact if the polynomial being integrated is of degree three or less."

Alfred, how many times have you thought "wouldn't it be nice if we just knew the form of the function?"

Jeff,

The G-TECHPro's accelerometer provides an acceleration value every 2.5 milliseconds so that's the interval I used for the acceleration values in my program. The program's output (acceleration times, hp, etc.) agreed with the true values up to three decimal places.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.