Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with installing needle bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I am installing the fronts and have a question, The bearing just slips in the retainer. There seem to be a few thousandths play. They are round / undamaged. I also have new rear (Rear of the front control arms) bushing retainers which are the self aligning type and they too just slide in. How do I handle this?
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jun 27 2006, 06:32 PM) *

I am installing the fronts and have a question, The bearing just slips in the retainer. There seem to be a few thousandths play. They are round / undamaged. I also have new rear (Rear of the front control arms) bushing retainers which are the self aligning type and they too just slide in. How do I handle this?

Having never done this before, the only advice I can give would be
beer.gif
beerchug.gif
sawzall-smiley.gif
beer3.gif
icon8.gif
piratenanner.gif
thumb3d.gif

And you are done!

-Chris

I know, I am a dick!
McMark
I think the green loctite is made especially for sleeved installations. But if you install the control arm onto the car correctly, there won't be anywhere for the bearings to go, so no issue.

One Loctite Product

A Second Loctite Product
drive-ability
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 27 2006, 09:15 PM) *

I think the green loctite is made especially for sleeved installations. But if you install the control arm onto the car correctly, there won't be anywhere for the bearings to go, so no issue.

One Loctite Product

A Second Loctite Product

Hey McMark,
Thank you for you help clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.