well, I started tearing the cooling tins off to try and get all of the rat feces out of them and to start the process of getting parts and sorting out what I have vs what I need.

good news is the motor after twenty years of sitting in someone's field is not locked up and the starter will still turn it over. The bad news is the silly thiong is going to take a ton to get back on the road. flywheel seal is bad, crank seal on the pulley end is bad. So an entire gasket kit and seals will be first on the agenda.

The motor as it turns out is an 1800 bus motor AW series. Iknow they are close but not quite the same as the 914. So I have to start finding the subtle differences and see what if anything needs to be corrected.

The cooling tin is missing the flaps and thermostat is gone, the rest seems to be intact and in reasonable shape. Any advice would be appreciated on the best way to keep her cool.

I'll post more as she comes apart and goes back again. God, I'm glad I found the club or I would be well on the way to spare parts out of this one.