Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much will it cost?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Brad,
I will deliver you a chassis all modified, ready to go with an original six engine mount, cage and rough body work complete.

I want you to find, install, tweek, road test, and finish
the following
3.6 motor /6
G50 tranny with limited slip
bigger axles and CV joints (you spec)
cable shifter
Engine management (original kit for the 3.6)
Front mount oil cooler (I will leave the size up to you, basically I will cut the front bumper and add the lower GT valance)
What else??
Body and interior I will take care of as well as the cage, though I could be convinced to let Tony do it while its there, otherwise I may stick with Chris because he is close enough for me to go down there, and I want to do a few un conventional things here.

then I will come get it.
So, no shipping for you, just find and install the basic list above.
redshift
$21,980.00

Do I get a prize if I am closest?

M
r_towle
ok, for under 30k (the average price of a new car) I will get a screaming newly redone kick ass daily driver that can beat a 80k 911 and any chevy I may see...

seems like a better way to spend it than another boring volvo...

Rich
URY914
Just sign him a blank check and he'll fill in the amount. laugh.gif

Paul
r_towle
wink.gif My 1.7 is destined to have the 2.0 liter installed , but not before I make it lighter than yours URY wink.gif

I plan on no cage, not needed for Autocross, aluminum floor, no roof, winshield, front and rear trunk floors, no dash, no speedo, nothing but the wheel and a switch to turn it on, Im talking really stripped.

I will send you pics and ask for guidance when I start loosing weight smile.gif

Rich
Joe Bob
Geez....ain't nutin' I can't do for that price..... mueba.gif
redshift
Oh no way!

So say $22k, plus (a car you already have?) plus the stuff that you want..... and $30k?

I may be way off on the G50, I figger I could have figger'd $3-5k short just there.

I have to ask how much, so I don't...

(-screaming :g:-)

In the post about Brad's "blackie" project, he said they were $30k+ deep in it, and hadn't touched the body yet.

YEAH!!!! WOOHOO!

confused24.gif

M
URY914
The easiest way to do it is....
Step #1. Sit in car with engine running.
Step #2. Have your assistant remove everything that is bolted on that does not a) kill the engine cool.gif effect the brakes or suspension, c) cause your ass to fall out and hit the floor.
Step #3. Have your other assistant take a cutting torch and cut out every thing else that is not bolted on. Refer to step #2 parts a, b & c.

There you have it, Good Luck

Paul
r_towle
basically what I had in mind, I will cut and race and keep cutting till it flexes to much smile.gif
Brad Roberts
20k is a good guess just going over your list.

I dont know what the G50 will cost to have the bellhousing drilled/welded. I also dont know what the cost would be on the cable shifter (or what setup time is)

Sounds like a fun project.

B
r_towle
What would you recommend for the tranny and shifter for a 3.6??

I want new world shifting, no compromise here.
How about a boxter tranny? do they fit somehow, shifter and all???

Rich
TimT
G50/50 6 speed with built with a short stack, and a Guard LSD..... now yer talkin..
Brad Roberts
To ease install and parts availabilty.. stick with a WEVO 915 and shifter setup. Its a bolt in.. the G50 will be hanging out the back of the car and the trunk will become useless... you would have to run a hyd. clutch with the G50 setup (not a bad thing..but the 915 can use a cable clutch) The best way to do a G50 is to shorten the bellhousing.. more work/money.

915 with a 3.6 (engine/WEVO trans/clutch/pp/disc/throw-out/wiring harness/oil cooler/fuel pump/chip/install)

20k minimum.

B
r_towle
ok,
how about heat?
Can I still have some sort of heat with a 3.6 and headers?
I am thinking of some way to steal heat from the oil cooler setup...
I will be welding up the heater tube holes and providing a new tunnel down the passenger side next to the existing shifter tunnel for the oil lines.

The heater tube holes and inner longs will have additional plate added as we have discussed in the past, but inside the long, then a new outer rocker will be re-installed.
Joe Bob
Heat's fer weenies....put a jacket on and drive.... MDB2.gif
Aaron Cox
billy boat makes 914-6 headers w/ and w/o heat, they make them in bigger ID for larger engines, bring money!!
r_towle
mikez, a fitting reply for someone who sees three "cold" days a year...

Autocross am in two weeks, Ice scraper for the windshield, fffin cold. I have owned way to many aircooled cars to live without heat anymore, besides this car will be a daily driver.
The entire underbody will be por 15 treated and then undercoated. I am eliminating all rust and any chance of it coming back this time.

Rich
Brad Roberts
There is not a 9146 header on the market that fits and has heat. I have this same problem on "Blackie" and plan to do a S-Car-Go "style" header with sheet metal on it for heat. With my time spent at SSI.. I learned quite a bit about how it should be done.. and B+B doesnt know their ass from a whole in the ground.

B
r_towle
So, where does the heat go??? through that stupid heat tube hole in the inner long?????

I really need to be rid of that and an oil heat system would be enough to heat up the little passenger compartment.

rich
Brad Roberts
Since 99% of my customers will keep the small tube holes.. I need to come up with a solution that fits the factory pieces. The 1997 993 used the heat from the heat exchangers and a helper heating element in the heating fan air stream. If I dont think I can come up with something decent.. it will have to come from oil heat.

B
Jake Raby
DAMN!

LOL
Brad Roberts
300 reliable HP factory injected and a factory gearbox. The engine has hyd. lifters and could be serviced at any Porsche shop. It is steep. But as you know.. HP in a lightweight car is KING.

B
McMark
Gas heaters are supposed to rock. I don't know where exactly you'd put it, but it's something to keep in mind as an option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.