Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
what do you guys think about this spoiler on a 914 ??

URY914
Sorry, no.

Too Tokyo Drift looking.
nomore9one4
I like it. I have the lexus spoiler on mine.Can't seem to find a picture idea.gif
maf914
Gotta go with a no on this one. Especially for street 914's.

We don't have one on our RSX. I mean, we drive like 85 max. What's that thing gonna do? confused24.gif

I guess I'm not much into wings on street cars. laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
F.U.G.L.Y. Ricey. Tacky. Poseruish. Tasteless. The Cap'n
turboman808
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 28 2006, 06:23 AM) *

I mean, we drive like 85 max. What's that thing gonna do? confused24.gif

Speak for yourself driving.gif

Yeah pretty goddam ugly and probably useless.
John
That just spoils the looks for me.
RON S.
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 28 2006, 05:29 AM) *

Sorry, no.

Too Tokyo Drift looking.

You can't go back to being 16 once you grow up.

dflesburg
Nobody likes mine either, but I don't like that one.

This one was a PIA to make fit. Came off an Olds 442.

IPB Image
Mueller
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 28 2006, 06:18 AM) *

what do you guys think about this spoiler on a 914 ??

it would look better under the tires being ran over smile.gif

seriously, totally wrong shape and lines.....there was an article in Road and Track(?? or Car and Driver) about these spoilers mounted on "street" cars...about 90% of them created more drag and did nothing useful at all except make the car manufactures more money...I guess if you want to help support the economy, that would be a good place to throw your money biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jun 28 2006, 07:11 AM) *

Nobody likes mine either, but I don't like that one.

This one was a PIA to make fit. Came off an Olds 442.

IPB Image

At least with that one if you told me it was a factory porsche wing I might actualy beleive you.
Air_Cooled_Nut
That "wing" will do nothing aerodynamically for the car except add weight...just like every other car out there with a cosmetic wing that low to the body.
TROJANMAN
I ONLY LIKE IT FOR THE IDEA OF ADDING A 3RD BRAKE LIGHT

oops caps lock
jimkelly
I am calculating the yes-es and the no-es - it is too close to call that the moment according to the accounting firm I hired to give me the unbiased vedict : )

Jim

OK - less weight = more speed : )
Dr Evil
Yo yo yo dawg, dats phat. What you needs is a big red R to go wit it. Sheeyt yo, like 50 mo ponys.

Word up
jimkelly
that is the shit - 50 more ponys from just a spoiler - swheat.

i knew that eventually someone would tell me what i wanted to here.

i figured i could offset the extra weight of the spoiler by removing 5th gear from my tranny ??

Jim
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2006, 09:50 AM) *

Yo yo yo dawg, dats phat. What you needs is a big red R to go wit it. Sheeyt yo, like 50 mo ponys.

I think what you meant to say was :

那是甜的阻流片

biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Jim,
If you add a rear spoiler like that, clear tail light lenses, chromies and a sewer-pipe exhaust tip are further requisites! biggrin.gif
T wing
Nicely said guys, thanks for the laugh.

Really though, if you have the spoiler laying around anyway, might as well set it there and see what you think. It is YOUR car and you are the one that will (hopefully) be seen in it everytime it goes out.

Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $20 for that and then if I didn't like how it looked, I'd take the light out of it and try to mount it up without the spoiler.
Dr Evil
It is your car, but if you put it on YOUR car, I and many others will not want to be seen with you.
happy11.gif
T wing
nevermind, I just looked at it again and it doesn't look like it has a light in it anyway, there is one on the trunklid. Maybe I would't spend the $20 for it. The snowboard that I used for a spoiler on my nissan p/u was only $18. I did actually get better gas milage with the snowboard. Don't know about rear downforce, but it couldn't have been much since I mounted it with shelf brackets.
Root_Werks
I'd pass, looks rice, rice baby. slap.gif
BKLA
EEEEEEK!

Never liked the look of any wing on a street 914 - just doesn't seem to flow..

a friend of mine had one of those late '70s "turbo look" wings from AIR on his teener..... icon8.gif

Hey but its your car...I have seen worse....
JPB
If no-yes is 50% me say NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Ahhso. Rice burning stuff I mean is only good for asshos!

icon_bump.gif Chinese chic in German car makes good winerschnitzels.
jhadler
What was the line?....

"Bling is heavy... Bling is slow..."

Ve must un-pimp ze car!!!

-Josh2
jimkelly
I am not sure I am seeing a consensus yet - sure hope the spoiler does not sell before I can get propper guidance from my boys at the 914club : )

I guess I could put that $80 toward a kick ass low riding hydraulic supension system - what do ya all think about dat ?

Jim
byndbad914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jun 28 2006, 06:26 PM) *

I am not sure I am seeing a consensus yet - sure hope the spoiler does not sell before I can get propper guidance from my boys at the 914club : )

I guess I could put that $80 toward a kick ass low riding hydraulic supension system - what do ya all think about dat ?

Jim

Scrapin' yo! Psshhhhtt pshhhhttthtpth (bad interpretation of bleeding sound on the pumps). On duh groun' beotch
Click to view attachment

Sorry, couldn't pass up the chance to be a little stooopid. Took the shot real quick one day while the car was on the ground at the chassis shop. I had to wedge the front tire in under the fender lip to get that shot blink.gif Werd.

BTW, I vote against the wing as well. That said, do whatya like! It is all about digging your own car, whatever the incarnation. I figure people laugh their heads off watching me roll around the track in this beater, but I put the money in the go-fast area v. paint and I roll straight PWT. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.