Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibly my next project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
I am toying with the idea of my next project. I Want to build something with more than 2 seats. It's a 51' Kaiser. I would like to chop and lower it. Maybe a 2 tone creme and white paint scheme with a saddle tan interior. Any thoughts?
jasons
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Jun 28 2006, 07:23 AM) *

I am toying with the idea of my next project. I Want to build something with more than 2 seats. It's a 51' Kaiser. I would like to chop and lower it. Maybe a 2 tone creme and white paint scheme with a saddle tan interior. Any thoughts?

If you are going to chop and slam, I would look for a 2 door car. They just look meaner. I am more a fan of the rat rod stuff, but thats just my personal opinion. White and cream just sounds too wimpy, but I like those cars to look evil. Another thing guys are doing with cars like that are painting them flat pastel colors, like flat pastel yellows or flat pastel greens.
boxstr
Weld up the rear doors, take off teh paint and slam it. This was at Puyallup Goodguys last year. It definately got a look or two.
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
nomore9one4
That is one beautiful car Craig. drooley.gif I never gave the converted 2 door a thought. it looks like it would be well worth the time.Thanks for that photo.If you got any more please send them my way. beer.gif
dakotaewing
It looks like the wheel base on that car was shortened by 12" to 24"...
Look at the door panels on both cars and compare.... LOTS of work...
tdgray
Go for it Bob-o.

My next project will also be something that I can get the whole family in.

Already have two 2 seaters.

nomore9one4
QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 28 2006, 10:23 AM) *

Go for it Bob-o.

My next project will also be something that I can get the whole family in.

Already have two 2 seaters.

agree.gif The wife is even into this one!

As Dakotaewing pointed out it will be HUGE work to convert to a 2 door.I do however like to see that the possibility is there. I think the car has great potential as a 4 door if all else fails. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.