Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I’m quite depressed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
Just got off the phone with my brother Steve he is nearing the end of his battle with cancer. The doctor hates to say how long but were down to weeks.
They're taking him off all his meds, just morphine.
He wants to go home.

I think I'm going to go have a good cry....59 is too young...
Allan
Really sorry to hear the news..

Keep yer chin up buddy...
Bruce Allert
Sorry to hear Buddy, Home is the best place to die. Same thing my wife wanted. The 3 of us kept a 24 hour vigil until her last breath.

Don't leave him alone.....

.........b
drive-ability
Mark,
Theres nothing that can prepare us for this in life, hang in there.
1bad914
Hang in there Mark. Lost my mother-in-law the same way, just make him comfortable.
Eric_Shea
sad.gif

Go be with your brother. I'm sure you'll be glad you did. 59 is too young... I've got a tear going with ya.

Hang in there.
drewvw

I am truly saddened to hear that....
redshift
I am so sorry, Mark.

I don't have much an idea of what to say, except it's nice to have people around who care.

Peace.

Miles
Air_Cooled_Nut
My g/f held her father's hand when he died at home from cancer and he, too, wasn't old. Her relationship w/her father was less than ideal but she still wouldn't trade that moment for anything. My best friend's sister died from cancer in her late twenties (it was a long battle, too). She wanted to be home with her family (she was a mother) and they let her.

Respect your brother's wishes. Home is the best place. I'm really, really sorry sad.gif
BigDBass
I can't begin to imagine what you're dealing with. I can't imagine going through something like this with my brother. I hope the collective goodwill of your 914club brothers and sisters can help you through this.
messix
no words will do here, just know that we here feel for you and your family.
Mark Henry
I can't be with him, he 2000 miles away in BC, I went there a couple of months ago. Some of his friends, wife and two daughters will be with him.
My mom is 79 and too frail.

After watching my dad die last fall I can't handle it. Plus my kids need me.
WRX914
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
tdgray
So sorry to hear this.

Gotta agree with everyone else... when I go I want to be at home with family and friends not in a hospital.

Chin up bud.
zymurgist
I'm sorry to hear about Steve. Can't offer any advice, but sending good thoughts your way.
scottb
hey mark,

i am so sorry for what you are going through. i lost my mom unexpectedly at age 59. yep, way too early.

it may be cliche' but this brief story really helped me during tough times. it's all a journey my friend.... chin up.

scott

===========

GONE FROM MY SIGHT

am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

=======
maf914
Mark,

I hope you're brother can go home and be with his family. That is his wish and it's probably best for him.

Last year my mother died from cancer and complications. She was in ICU with a small chance of recovery, but she didn't make it. We regret that we couldn't take her home. I think about that often.

There is nothing easy about this. My thoughts are with you.
Jenny
Mark, I'm so sorry to hear of this. I know you can't drop your career and kids to be with your brother in his last days, but if you could spare a weekend, I think it would help you to say goodbye to him in person. It will bring you closure, and give you a chance to talk to him. It will be emotional, no doubt, but probably easier than being there when he goes. You don't want to have regrets and what-ifs lingering if you don't get a chance to see him again.

My brother and I are on haitus right now, but I can't ever imagine losing him... I am so terribly sorry you have to face this, when you've already endured so much loss recently. Please don't hesitate to lean on the club, your loved ones and family for support. And know that we'll have your brother, his wife and kids, you, and the rest of your family in our thoughs and prayers.

Peace.

Jenny
krazykonrad
You're bothe in our thoughts an prayers!
Konrad
Howard
Sad Stuff. Best wishes from our place to yours.
Lou W
Im sorry to hear this, the best place for you is with your brother and family and hopefully at home.

I had a friend pass away today after a long battle with cancer, Wendell Cutting, he was 58, that's too young, he left a great legacy and did alot for the under-privileged throughout the world, the world is a better place because of him and his work.

My prayers are with you, be grateful for the times you had with him.
Kargeek
Mark,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. It's a sad thing that he and your family have to go through.

Cancer is a horrible thing. I lost both my mom and dad and grandparents to cancer and at 52 years old I am battling my own issues with post prostrate cancer treatment metastasis.

With no cure for your brother he will end his constant pain and suffering and move on to a better place.

Let the memories of his life fulfill you in taking the steps to maintain your health and to be a positive influence of such with others. Life is a very precious thing and even more so when faced with early age issues of mortality.

You may not be able to be with him in his later days but as a good brother I’m sure he knows how much you care.

God Bless, DH

iamchappy
Mark you and yours have been through more than I can imagine, hang in there for your brother and family, my prayers are with all of you.
Dont fret, if you believe, all those who go before us, " We will see again.!"
KaptKaos
Prayers sent.

Joe & Family
arc914
Hey Mark and family
man oh man.In the end a man is measured not by what he has or has accomplished but by how many people are at his funeral.
If his time is down to weeks then that means you will be leaving for his funeral shorty right.I agree with some other ovservsations that you should go down a few days before his clock runs out and spend some time with him.
you were there for each other as you both discovered this world of ours growing up and now he will be on to a new discovery but alone.Just my 2Cents but this summer will play over and over with you for years to come.
I lost my mom at 52 and i had a whole 45 mins to prepare when i got the call and i was 45min away so i had to travel but was there. No regrets.
As always if i can help, if you need aplace to stay on your way from there to BC let me know.
one teener to another
Cheers
Andrew in the Soo
watsonrx13
Mark, you and your family are in our family prayers...

-- Rob
Jeroen
Man... that's tough news sad.gif
Hang in there!
elwood-914
Hey Mark,
Rember good times with him and know he is going to a better place. He won't be in pain anymore. Prayers are sent.

Tim
Flat VW
sad.gif
DNHunt
Mark, I am sorry to hear this. You, your brother and family are in my prayers.

Dave
Joe Owensby
Sorry to hear about your brother. No good words to say. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers. Joe O.
lotus_65
sad.gif
sorry, mark.

peace to you and yours.

paul b.
evan
Mark,
If you can at most any cost---- go be with him. Close or not blood is blood family is family!!! My mother passed at 52 and I did not get to be with her at all. My best friend (and employer) passed away a couple years ago at the very very young age of 36 and it was hard, they did not have a name really for his cancer. but i was like family and he was my younger brother I spent some great time with him. Prayers are with you from all of us!! Can we help?

Evan

tracks914
My thoughts are with you. If you can't be with him, talk to him on the phone as much as he can. Phone calls are cheap and you won't regret it, not for a minute.
59 is way too young. sad.gif
Katmanken
Mark, I am very sorry to hear this.

Hang in there. I want to say you should be proud to have helped him when he needed it. You didn't want to do it but you stepped up and made sure he heard the message "put your affairs in order". It took a lot out of you to do that because you didn't have a lot to give after your dad.

Remember the good times, and remember him for the wonderful things he did. Discuss it with others and talk abot the silly things you did together. Call him or write to him. It will mean a lot.

We will put in a word for him with the big guy.

Take care,

Ken

Eddie914
Mark,

Prayers sent.

Best Regards
MoveQik
Sorry to hear this. You and your family are in our thoughts.
So.Cal.914
My little brother, David, passed and it was difficult. But I have thought of him

every day for over forty years and just thinking of him keeps us close. I don't

think anyone is really dead if we continue to keep them close to us by

remembering them and telling the old stories to the next generation so they can

know him too. Sorry for your loss.
wbergtho
Hang in there bud...talk with your brother and every time you make him laugh will be good medicine for both of you.

Take care,

Bill
pete-stevers
Mark our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....
steve sher and markus.....^Easton^
Mark Henry
Thanks everyone for your kind words, PM's and prayers.

It's difficult not to be able to go see him again but he understands and tells me that I've already given him the help he needed.
I went out earlier this spring and finished his jobs, allowing him to go with no unfinished business and I got his affairs in order.

I phone every day and he is with family and friends. His daughter is flying in from her home in France and the other from northern Alberta in the next couple of days.
He will be with his father soon.

sjhowitson
All our prayers are with you and your family.

Peace

Steve
TINCAN914
I'm sorry to hear about your brother Mark. I lost my Mother to the same horrible disease.. Prayers are with you...
Mark Henry

I'm sorry to say that Steve has taken a turn for the worst and is not expected to make it through the night.

I won't give you the gory details, we all know that the outlook is grim. He is comfortable and in his house. Verna is of course upset, but the nurse has been by and she was the one to give her the bad news.

I wish I could have been with him, I was going out there in 2 weeks, but it's hard to put life on hold when he is so far away. He has friends and family with him.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 1 2006, 02:29 PM) *

I'm sorry to say that Steve has taken a turn for the worst and is not expected to make it through the night.

sad.gif don't know what to say ...
Joe Bob
Think of it as a release for both the him and the family...there IS something better after this.....

My condolences to you and the family.
elwood-914
Stay strong in the faith that you will see him again and he won't be suffering. Condolences to your family also.
Katmanken
Mark,

He understands why you are not there now.

He also knows that you were there for him earlier, and will be there for his family when he is gone.

What more could someone hope for? Having a good family and friends that support are his comfort now, along with knowing his affairs are in order.

Honor him at the funeral and remember, you can miss him, but NO REGRETS for what you didn't do, and be PROUD for what you did. Remember him for what he did and the good times you had.

Ken
redshift
He isn't going to hurt anymore, and I bet he'd be the first to tell you that life is all good.

It'll be all of us one day, and we'd just like to have our friends go on with their friends.

M
Mark Henry
After a three-year battle with cancer my friend and brother Steve has died.

He has found peace and his father is guiding him home.

I love you bud.

thanks for everyones kind words and prayers

I'm working on getting pissed drunk now. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.