Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I'm getting ready to put my engine in and haven't found a vacuum diagream for the 3.6 to see if I need to maintain any of the stock vacuum lines. If anyone has a diagram or has already tackled this ( I know some are running a 3.6) can you please post here??

I'm using a '92 964 engine, so I think it differs sliughtly from what others may have used, but I'm sure they're similar.

I promise when I get mine going I'm going to post a soup to nuts thread on what it takes to stick a 3.6 in a 914. The info I've found leaves a few holes.
Cap'n Krusty
If you're using the 964 engine management system, it ALL needs to be there. The Cap'n
East coaster
There's definitly some stuff that goes away. Some are easy to figure out like the brake booster line, but some of them are not so easy to figure out their purpose.

That's where a diagram would be great, but I have the 964 manual and it doesn't have a diagram in it headbang.gif
siverson
I have a '91 964 engine and I think the only thing you need to keep working (with all stock lines) is the actuator for the second butterfly (whatever that is called). The DME opens it at about 4500 rpm...

Remove and plug everything else.

-Steve
East coaster
Thanks Steve! That's kinda what I was thinking. The secondary needs to keep the vacuum accumulator and the vacuum hook up. Other than that I'm not sure anything else is required. I was interested in hooking up the fuel expansion tank to the small vacuum line running through the tunnel and then to the intake manifold. I know the stock 914 system sticks a charcoal cannister in this line, but I'm wondering would happen if I just hooked it directly to vacuum. I would hope it keeps fumes at bay and doesn't implode the tank with vacuum biggrin.gif

Do you happen to have any pics of your oil breather config?? I'm looking at engine to tank, tank to puke tank with little K&N type filter on the output of the puke tank. I'd like to mount the puke tank in the engine bay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.