Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Happens when
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
what is the consequence of having too much oil in your engine.

I am trying to figure out why I got alot of oil on the driveway, for the first time ever (this quantity) after going for a long fast blast?

I am sure this is an easy one for most.

thanks in advance....

T
Dave_Darling
Pardon the seeming-unrelated question--Do you have the thermostat flaps on your engine hooked up?

If not, is the pulley wheel still there? If not, you need to find the hole where the mounting bolt used to go, and put a bolt in it. That's a through-hole to the inside of the engine, and will spill oil.

Alternate question: Got the breather hoses into the heads hooked up to anything? Are the hoses tight?

Third question: Added oil lately? Maybe miss the filler neck with just a little oil? "Just a little" coming out of the bottle looks like "Exxon Valdez" when it gets down to the driveway...

Uhm, not that I know anything about any of these from personal experience or anything. rolleyes.gif

--DD
Dr Evil
Did you put the oil in the fan housing by mistake? It has happend to people before (not me).
aveale
Thanks Dave

thermostat wings are on and the pulley is there.

breather hoses good (just replaced all of them)

did not miss the oil filler thingy lately.

I was "hoping" that too much oil would cause it to blow all over the place.......no ?? yes??

Comments?

T

huh.gif
Joe Ricard
Too much oil will find it's way out of the engine at sustained High RPM.
SLITS
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 28 2006, 02:13 PM) *

Too much oil will find it's way out of the engine at sustained High RPM.

agree.gif

Either out the oil filler breather, rear main seal, front seal, valve cover gaskets or pushrod tube seals.......mainly the first three.
tod914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2006, 04:56 PM) *

Did you put the oil in the fan housing by mistake? It has happend to people before (not me).

No wonder I couldnt set my timing right, I must of been looking in the oil filler.
brp914

No wonder I couldnt set my timing right, I must of been looking in the oil filler.

at first I thought haha, then I noticed you're from new jersey.

joking - never been there - just all the old snl jokes
aveale
thanx family,

just what I wanted to hear (not about New Jersey but about too much oil).

T

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.