Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reenforcement plates for front sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shaggy
i need to make the plates that will be welded to the front fenders under that gas tank for the 13mm front sway bar i have.

im planning on cutting them out of steel.

what thickness should i use?

i know i saw a template for them awhile ago but cant seem to find it now...
anyone know where it is?

-shaggy
SLITS
match the triangle on the outside that holds the rubber or save yourself some trouble and buy them ready made with weld nuts from Engman (I think), 'cause your gonna need nutz to bolt the outer piece to.
Jeroen
yep, get the Engman plates
check the "parts & resources" forum for info
Kargeek
I made mine out of 3/16"- 1/4" plate shaped to match the trangular shaped impression on the wheel housing. I tapped the mounting holes- and even welded nuts onto the plates. Welded them on the inside gas tank area wheel housing. Now, I can remove the bushing retainer from the outside.

DH
East coaster
Ditto........I made mine from 1/4" plate, drilled/tapped them and welded them into place.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
shaggy
those look nice!

but i bought mine from engman last night.

thanks
-jim
andys
Anyone here kind enough to post the hole pattern for both the three mounting bolts as well as the diameter of the center hole for the sway bar plate? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanls,

Andys
Eric_Shea
I was gonna say... make them outta some dead Presidents. Mark Bland (Engman). Good call.
elwood-914
QUOTE(andys @ Jun 29 2006, 08:42 AM) *

Anyone here kind enough to post the hole pattern for both the three mounting bolts as well as the diameter of the center hole for the sway bar plate? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanls,

Andys

There are some patterns on the bird site.
East coaster
Can't go wrong with Engman's goodies. I've bought a few of his products and they are well made and a great value.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.