Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who did you vote for
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Who will be the next GOV of California??

BTW, Sorry the Redsox put your boys on vacation smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
olav
Gray Davis, No to the recall!! ar15.gif
drew365
No on recall. I couldn't stand 4 years of Arnold's
sh!ta$$ grin.
Red-Beard
Yes

Governator
KaptKaos
Yes, Governator (and it looks like a big win for both).

Sorry the Redsox put your boys on vacation!

And your boys have not put my boys on vacation. Nobody in California is from here (well, almost), so many of us root for other teams. See if you can guess who I root for:

10/2/78

Cheers!

- Joe
Aaron Cox
" I vill crush gvay dayvisss vith my bare haaands"

Ahnold Shwarzzzennneggggger
Joe Bob
Oakland....gimme a break.....any asshole that can't tag home plate cause his knee hurts or bitches about someone being in his way and gets tagged deserves to get beat.....

Same with that asshole Davis....I was all set to vote no on recall...then I saw his whiney ass on TV last night....ohhh, gee willikers, if Arnold really DID grope those women he would not be such a good person....we should investigate this.....what a weaseldick..... finger.gif

I bet the Varsity football players used to pick him up give him a "swirley".....anyone know what a swirley is????
swood
Mikey,
I wouldn't want to contribute to further pollution by dunking Davis's dumbass head in my toilet!! smash.gif icon8.gif

SPANK DAVIS!! SPANK DAVIS!!

Just like Clinton, what good has he done? And when will the libs stop thinking that gov't is an industry? They don't produce anything but a big pain in my backside. pissoff.gif
Steve
Arnold! Arnold! Arnold!
If they didn't convict him 20 years ago why waste our time now. finger.gif

Gropers for Arnold.
Note: I haven't groped anyone for over 20 years!!
madd_dogg_914
Yes on Recall and I voted for Arnold! Only in California can a movie star become Govenor. Gotta love it!

-Chris
chunger
Yes recall. . . ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif Davis fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif

Had enough.
Jeff Bonanno
being a betting man, i don't vote on foregone conclusions.

and since i still consider myself a newyorker - f%$$ davis! what a pussy. give me rudy and pataki anytime.

but if i did go to the polls today:

recall the sox. also a bunch of pussies.

go yanks!
redshift
I would have voted for Coleman.

M
banderson
Millions of idiots unite and elect a figure head of some republican businessmen so they can implement their own evil plan to get themselves and their friends rich, Just like Bush is a figure head to everyone who helped get him there.

Hay, I am on the right cost, what do I care?
ArtechnikA
voted with my feet when i left California in 1995.

but - YES - the Total Recall election ...

since it's Total Recall, Arnie serves only the unexpired portion of Davis' term - 3 yrs or so.
he's probably not the greatest of the longterm options, but he's probably an okay interim choice.
let both sides try to find a decent -real- candidate for the next real election.
Red-Beard
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 8 2003, 03:55 AM)
I would have voted for Coleman.

M

Well, over 12,000 people did!

wavey.gif
seanery
I was wishing I was still there so I could vote out that dumbass fuck Davis.

Aahnold would have got my vote.
EdwardBlume
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Arnold's got a lot of work ahead of him laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Drums66
No on Recall, Not sure Davis was the problem and quite sure Arnold is not the answer! there are soooo many underlying reason's for Cali's Failings. One big reason is Illegal Immigration dollars going south of the border instead of back in the Cali Economy pissoff.gif
Red-Beard
Davis is a self serving hack. The things he did were to insure his re-election, not the betterment of California.

Begine Rant:

Example: Driver's licenses for Illegal Aliens. HOW THE FUCK does this help California? The stupid thing was, this didn't even play well in the immgrant community.

Davis, Bustemante and even McClintok for that matter, are career Politicians. They have never worked for a living. They do not understand that creating Government jobs is _not_ creating jobs. They don't understand even the basics behind running a business or the effect all of these recent regulations have had on them.

I can go on and on. Personally, I think Gary Coleman would have made a better Govenor than Davis. A Drunk monkey with a football would have made a better Govenor than Davis.

End Rant:

OK, I feel much better now.

James
markb
Being a native Californian, and a State worker too (& proud of both), I got a REAL good look at what Davis did to our economy, and who backed him up on it. Yesterday went as it should have on the recall, and Ahhhnollld is better than most everyone else on the ballot, IMHO. You CAN'T spend the kind of money Davis did and not be lining somebody's pockets. Just my .02.
Pnambic
Ok, so people are getting all upset about allegations that Arnold may have felt up some people 20 years ago. Is this news? I know it shouldn't be that way, but it seems so commonplace in government now that if you haven't had at least one affair, accepted bribes, poached endangered wildlife, strip-mined protected habitats, and any of a checklist of a dozen or so other crimes, you can't even be considered to run for office.

Disillusioned? perhaps.
confused24.gif
Jenny
Yes on recall, and I voted for Arnold.

The Red Sox had four extra players on their team over the weekend in boston. I agree that there was some serious bad base running on the A's part, but I'm sure if the umps took off their jackets, you'd see a boston uniform underneath. There were some really really horrible calls made. mad.gif

Jen
Jeff Bonanno
yea Jen! smilie_pokal.gif

(now if we could get you to root for the yanks)
need4speed
I voted for Larry Flynt. He took a bullet for FREEDOM. ar15.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif
(I wasn't joking).

Arnold is a tool.
Davis was a fool.
Simon and Issa were criminals, who should be doing hard time.

Do I care if Arnold groped some women 20 years ago?
No.
Nor do I care at all about Bill Clinton's "issues" with women.

But it's a perfect illustration of the hypocracy of the alleged "conservative" movement in America today.

Schwartz will only guarantee one thing - that California Consumers will end up paying for the illegal 9 Billion dollars of energy market price manipulation, and some idiots in Texas will keep their money socked away in their offshore accounts. And any part of the California coastline which does not presently have a beautiful view of an oil platform, soon will.
r_towle
3-0 6th inning, GO SOX dance.gif
r_towle
5-0 in the 7th, yankees suck
Aaron Cox
i dont think that the groping is relavant in todays news....in political science we call it "dirty tricks thursday"......happened 20 years ago, but ill leak it to the media 4 days before the election..... democrats lined their pockets, tried so hard to ensure reelection that they forgot about California. I lost respect for that, 3x car tax? finger.gif Davis!
SirAndy
just another austrian dreaming of world domination ...
KaptKaos
5-0 in the 7th, yankees suck

Ain't no fat ladies singing yet.

10/2/78
Drums66
QUOTE(need4speed @ Oct 8 2003, 09:34 AM)

Schwartz will only guarantee one thing - that California Consumers will end up paying for the illegal 9 Billion dollars of energy market price manipulation, and some idiots in Texas will keep their money socked away in their offshore accounts. And any part of the California coastline which does not presently have a beautiful view of an oil platform, soon will.

Well said, the drunk Monkey with a coconut doesn't sound like a bad vote gitter laugh.gif
Jeff Bonanno
arg. never did trust mussina. we will prevail over the sux - beware! ninja.gif
silver six
No on recall.

I'm so completely embarassed that my govenor is a killer cyborg from the future; not even the new model but the old Cyberdyne 100. So embarassing.

My prediction: When things go badly in California we will see recall after recall until the legislature changes the law on recalls. The next recall? Within four years. You heard it here first.

Douglas
r_towle
Final at 5-2, we will see tonight!!!

Rich
need4speed
QUOTE(silver six @ Oct 9 2003, 12:08 PM)
. . . The next recall? Within four years. You heard it here first.

um, no.

I've heard it many places before here.
And I believe it.

Andy Warhol said that everybody will have 15 minutes of fame.
What he really meant was that everybody will get to be Governor of California for 15 minutes. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.