Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Paint Bubbling...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

I just got my car back from getting some work done on it.

I got my front and rear valance painted along with my rockers.

I customized my rear valance and wanted everything painted to match.

Now, after picking up my car just five days ago, the paint is bubbling on two of the four panels. I expect the others to follow soon.

Major bummer, what should I do?

WTF.gif
Joe Bob
talk to the painter....duh.
olav
Been there done that.

No response, no cooperation there.

That's too obvious.
Mark Henry
You must have oil based paint under it...I'm just guessing....something isn't compatable.

I'd take it down to bare metal and start over.
olav
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 28 2006, 05:14 PM) *

You must have oil based paint under it...I'm just guessing....something isn't compatable.

I'd take it down to bare metal and start over.

You would think the place where I got it painted would have known that.

Plus they aren't standing by their work.
SirAndy
QUOTE(olav @ Jun 28 2006, 05:19 PM) *

bs.gif and you know it!

i was standing right next to the guy when he was on the phone with you. he offered you to bring the car back and he was going to look at it.

you told him to fuck off, canceled his check and threatened to take him to small claims.
WTF.gif

now he's got *no* money for all his work + your threat about small claims,
i can see why there is "No response, no cooperation there." now ...

great move, einstein ...
slap.gif Andy
porschecb
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Joe Bob
Sounds like we have a failure to communicate.

Stopping a check is BS.....
Series9
Death to painters....... ar15.gif
Series9
oh, sorry. I just meant my painter......
olav
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 28 2006, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(olav @ Jun 28 2006, 05:19 PM) *

and you know it!

i was standing right next to the guy when he was on the phone with you. he offered you to bring the car back and he was going to look at it.

you told him to fuck off, canceled his check and threatened to take him to small claims.

now he's got *no* money for all his work + your threat about small claims,
i can see why there is "No response, no cooperation there." now ...

great move, einstein ...
Andy

Actually, your facts are incorrect. Obviously you have heard only ONE side of the story.

I was willing to resolve this in a reasonable manner, but there was no cooperation from the other side. He said he would charge me more to fix what should have been done right in the beginning.

By the way, he has been paid and there was no threat.

I don't use that kind of derogatory language, so you're mistaken. Check both sides of the story next time before you shoot your mouth off.

Joe Bob
Since this is going to be a "he said", "he said" thread and I'm a 3rd and unbiased party....I recommened that you and the painter sit down and talk about it. You should also make good on the check and work with getting it fixed.

I'm also closing this thread. You know why?

Because I can....
SirAndy
QUOTE(olav @ Jun 28 2006, 05:41 PM) *

By the way, he has been paid and there was no threat.

I don't use that kind of derogatory language, so you're mistaken. Check both sides of the story next time before you shoot your mouth off.

last time i checked, he was paid by another club member out of his own pocket (!) who brokered the deal for you. after you canceled the check. i don't know what language you use, but "small claims" certainly *is* in your vocabulary ...

you got a great deal for all the work done and materials used. you even got free work out of the painter after he discovered that your old paint was flaking everywhere. he removed all the old BAD paint for *free* as that had not been part of the initial deal. he spent extra hour cleaning everything, did a lot of bodywork, did a custom color match so the paint would match the rest of the car.

all that for very little money. you got a great deal!
bye1.gif Andy

PS: "reasonable manner" is not the kind language i would use to describe your part of dealing with this ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.