Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
I need help from all of the wheel experts here in identifying these aluminum wheels. There 7" x 15", 4 x 130MM bolt pattern.

Any ideas on who made these?

Aaron Cox
wont fill out your flares......

no ide aon make...

five lug... five lug....
STL914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 28 2006, 09:22 PM) *

wont fill out your flares......

Did I mention that they have a 2-1/2" backspacing and came off of a flared 914?
michaelmoo
i think those will look good on a 914.

Has anyone seen them before?
Joe Bob
They would look good if they have caps to cover the lugs and center hole....
URY914
Aren't those the same ones that were used on the VW&Porsche Mag's project car in the '80's??? Made by Specialty Wheels or somesuch name.
maf914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:27 AM) *

Aren't those the same ones that were used on the VW&Porsche Mag's project car in the '80's??? Made by Specialty Wheels or somesuch name.

If I'm thinking of the same 914 project car, the white car with rainbow stripes on the rockers, they used a two or three piece wheel that had minilite-type wheel centers. The weird thing about those wheels was that they were bonded with an adhesive as opposed to bolted.
URY914
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:27 AM) *

If I'm thinking of the same 914 project car, the white car with rainbow stripes on the rockers, they used a two or three piece wheel that had minilite-type wheel centers. The weird thing about those wheels was that they were bonded with an adhesive as opposed to bolted.

That's right. headbang.gif They were more like spokes. Bonded with a space age glue.
Aaron Cox
just IMO here....

why stick a 7" wheel where 8's and 9's belong...

you can fit 7's under stock fenders... so why the flares?

you will have a reaaally wide track... but only a 225 tire or so on there...

will look dumb IMO...

but that is my 2 cents..

get some centerlines in 4 lug if you want to stay 4 lug, at least they will USE the flare space......

AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.