Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show of Hands who plans on attending
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
MDB2.gif
seanery
bump
kafermeister
I may only be meeting you guys at the picnic but I'll be there none the less (barring some unforeseen calamity). Already talked to the boss-man to let him know I will be out of town that weekend.

Rick
seanery
you getting a "package" that weekend?
kafermeister
Lets hope. Has Brad mentioned it? My package won't be as nice as yours was. But it's something to start with. smile.gif

Rick
seanery
All I know is that it's a project package.
Brad Roberts
All systems GO.

B
indydad
Sean,
I saw on TV6 something about construction on SR 46.
Jerry
Indy
seanery
there is a bit of construction of I46. It may be a small pain, but nothing major (hopefully)!
Brad Roberts
I will leave here on Tues. with a planned arrival time of Thursday evening.

If anyone in Indianapolis wants to get together for a lunch or dinner on Friday.. I'm up for it.

Also... Sean.. if you want to do a improptu tech session in someones garage... sign me up.

Let me know what you think. I will also show up early enough to go over anything you may have found on your car that needs addressing (other than the shift bushings and tranny mounts).

B
seanery
I put the 50's back in and got some O rings at Lowe's. We lost an idle jet holder on the way home. The one without the O ring.
I haven't had to clean the jets out since Monday. I can't figure out why the damn amp won't shut off. It's utilizing the lead from the head unit confused24.gif

I do need a valve adjustment.
Brad Roberts
Something I forgot to tell you.. WASH the air cleaners and re-oil them. Use warm soapy water in the bathtub and fill it up about 3-4 inches with water and "swish" them back and forth in the tub. Use dish washing soap. This will push the dirt out. Go to the nearest motorcycle shop to buy the K+N oil (before you start). Dont buy the K+N "cleaner".

I'll see if I have some 45's. Here at sea level the revving was very very crisp. A lot of that has to do with off idle transition.

B
seanery
any reason to get a couple different sized main jets?
Brad Roberts
The plugs looked real good to me at Sea level. I think the mains where fine.

We modified your air cleaner bases so you could pull them out without disassembling the whole damn thing.

I'm going to bring a complete set of 44's with me that I jetted for another 500 lift cammed 2.0

Oh.. you made a comment about the rubber washers under the wing nuts.... I "sold" those to you. Your kit didnt come with them.

B
seanery
they work well.
joseph needs them...he loses wingnuts
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 9 2003, 10:25 AM)
joseph needs them...he loses wingnuts

lose wingnuts ?

maybe i really -am- the only person on the planet who safety-wires the wingnuts... but they're always on the car where i left them ...
seanery
do you just drill a hole in one of the wings?

or the threaded rod?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 9 2003, 10:52 AM)
do you just drill a hole in one of the wings?

wings; standard 1/16" hole with the standard cobalt bit, takes one second. another 5 sec to zip in some 0,025" stainless safety wire.
Brad Roberts
Its more of an issue on 6 cyl engines than it is on a 4cyl.

Its also a pain in the ASS to rewire everything evertime you need to sync or change jets on the carbs.

B
seanery
I like safety wire, I LOVE safety wire tools! wub.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 9 2003, 10:58 AM)
Its also a pain in the ASS to rewire everything evertime you need to sync or change jets on the carbs.

this is true; but once the engine is dialed in, you don't do that very often -- just to clean the filter elements.
robby750
Please tell me more than 5 914's are coming. Where are all those SMOG guys?
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(robby750 @ Oct 10 2003, 02:08 AM)

I'll be there, as will Barber Dave. I wasn't able to drum up more interest in the group, though. We have the Porsche Club local chapters' color tour this Sunday and the SMOG's own "Halloween Fun Run" the Sunday following the Indiana event. So, that's 3 "color tours" in three weekends, and 2 are local. Nashville, IN is about a 6 hr drive or more for most of us SMOGies.
The SMOG Halloween Fun Run details have not been finalized, but it will include a trip to a cider mill beer3.gif and dinner in a restaurant chowtime.gif . Gary (BS Chairman) is asking that participants wear costumes ninja.gif. Stay tuned for details. I will post them as soon as they become available. Last years event was great fun and this year promised to be bigger and better.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(robby750 @ Oct 10 2003, 02:08 AM)

logistics just didn't work out for us this year or we'd be there in the 914.6 conversion engine donor car (911). put it on the calendar again next year and we'll do whatever we can to make it ...
Brad Roberts
DOH !!

3 runs back to back to back.

Why are we getting SMOG news so late ??

B
jfort
tell me more. where are you meeting? what time? i might try to get there.
seanery
We are meeting in Columbus, IN.

There is a thread at the top of this page that has ALL details.
We'd love to have you at the even Jeff.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 10 2003, 08:43 AM)
DOH !!

3 runs back to back to back.

Why are we getting SMOG news so late ??

B

Sorry 'bout that. The SMOG run is Oct 26th. That's all I know for now. I'll post details when I get them. The Local Porsche group run this Sunday is not a 914 event exclusively, however there are alot of teeners in the group, including 1 new member as of Wednesday (me). I will be participating in this run, but it's my first event with these guys. I know of a couple of BBS readers and occasional posters in the group: BS Chairman,& Hawk, for 2.
seanery
BW3 Greenwood is gone. So, that one is out of the question.

These are my suggestions:

1. Oaken Barrel
2. Hooter's Greenwood

SPEAK UP!
Brad Roberts
Hooters Greenwood (if it doesnt offend anyone)

B
Pnambic
Sounds like Hooters it is then.
What is the itinerary for Friday then? Hanging out at Sean's until time for dinner? chowtime.gif
Sean doesn't mind, right? wink.gif
seanery
Friday,
valve adjustment
shifter adjustment
speedo cable replacement
speedo drive replacement (1st so cable isn't used if it's not necessary)

that should just about do it I hope.
Pnambic
When are you starting? When do you think you'll be done?
seanery
I dunno.
Brad's supposed to be here late thursday.
depends when he's up to it.
Pnambic
Cool. If you're willing, I'd love to stop by and waste time until dinner. I really don't want to drive up to Noblesville just to turn around and drive back down to Greenwood. And as I'll leave the office around 3:30, I might be able to lend a (inexperienced) hand if you're still working on the car.

Eager to learn!

Dan
seanery
call the house friday
three two two ten forty-seven
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.