Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'Broken neck-boy' receives good news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
Well, I was at the Doc's today and was released from his care. dancinnanner.gif

My neck and back are still sore but I can hardly complain, well, a little. happy11.gif

The car is STILL wrecked, I will now work on the resolution with the insurance company in earnest, as I am more able to operate.

My 914 future is unclear confused24.gif , we will at least finish re-building the '72 car.

I have been out window shopping the Lotus, a little bit......

John wavey.gif
elwood-914
Glad your getting better John. I hate dealing with the insurance companies, even if they are my own. I got into a bad accident ( not my fault) and my insurance guy told me NOT to get a lawyer, I knew better then changed companies. Good luck.

Tim
MoveQik
Sounds like you were dangerously close to being a broken back boy......wait a minute. Never mind. poke.gif

Glad you are getting better. Can I get a ride in the lotus?? driving.gif
Allan
Great news!!!
Flat VW
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 28 2006, 08:05 PM) *

Sounds like you were dangerously close to being a broken back boy......wait a minute.

I guess I am actually, several times! av-943.gif

John

P.S. Thanks, buddy! aaron.gif

P.P.S. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that. shocked[1].gif
krazykonrad
Hit the insurance company hard when they pay you for the 914! Saying "I'd hate to litigate this over $xxx" works suprisingly well. One good thing is the 914 will be a lot harder to value than a modern car which will give you more negotiating room. They'll probably 1st come up with a ridiculously low ball figure and tehen say its not negotiable. BS! use the above line and see how it changes their tune.
Best of luck!
Konrad 72/4
GeorgeRud
Using some values from recent auctions and ebay should give you some real values to show them. Excellence also has periodic valuation reports to go from, but it definately seems prices are going up.

If you're a member, PCA has valuation commitees for precisely this use as well.

Good Luck but best of all you're OK.
Flat VW
The PCA thing might become useful, this was not an average teener OR a stock one.

John driving.gif

P.S. The bottom line is the Ins. Co. is in a 'fixing mood' cause it is gonna cost a pile more if it is 'totaled' by the way, it IS!
Howard
smilie_pokal.gif Did you play the uninsured motorist bodily injury card yet?
Flat VW
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 28 2006, 09:20 PM) *

Nope, a legal friend in that line says it is a 'limits' deal.

He is going to issue a demand letter for me.

Ins. Co. acts like the car and my body are 'apples and oranges'.

John wavey.gif
Flat VW
I just got my renewal notification on the car insurance today! av-943.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jun 28 2006, 09:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 28 2006, 09:20 PM) *

Nope, a legal friend in that line says it is a 'limits' deal.

He is going to issue a demand letter for me.

Ins. Co. acts like the car and my body are 'apples and oranges'.

John wavey.gif

Good man. Even minimum limits of 15K (here in CA, don't know what you have) will certainly sweeten the deal. And it's not much, but don't forget the med pay, another at least 1K.

Hope this all works out for you. As I told you on the phone, all the years we have dealt with Hagerty with no problems. You must have gotten the one jerk.

And show him this biggrin.gif
Flat VW
IPB Image

new_shocked.gif
gregrobbins
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 28 2006, 09:14 PM) *

Using some values from recent auctions and ebay should give you some real values to show them. Excellence also has periodic valuation reports to go from, but it definately seems prices are going up.

Pretty special car. Normal values are out the window. If you don't know the car go to Patrick Motorsports, look at the 1972 194-4 2.2L in the Gallery section.
Flat VW
Thanks be to God and my father-in-law, a retired insurance adjuster of fourty years, it ain't the minimum! smiley_notworthy.gif

The medical bills alone are right near $90K, not to even mention my lost wages.

I've learned more about insurance than I EVER wanted to know, and it still amounts to a 'thimble full'.

A quote from the movie, The Flight of the Phoenix....

"Insurance companies move in mysterious ways, like God really, just not nearly as generous. It's bound to be a setback."

John
Flat VW
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jun 28 2006, 10:32 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 28 2006, 09:14 PM) *

Pretty special car. Normal values are out the window. If you don't know the car go to Patrick Motorsports, look at the 1972 194-4 2.2L in the Gallery section.

Direct Link
TravisNeff
Good New John!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.