Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is that a UFO behind me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hi4head
As some of you know, my little green machine is getting back on the road after 8 years. Tonight i did a serious tune-up trying to get the dwell and timing just right. I got things like I wanted them and decided to take her for a spin. Since I sort of live out in the country, I opened her up once I got to the main road - she absolutely wanted to SCOOT. As I was coming around a bend I caught a light from behind out of the corner of my eye.
At first I thought a car? No.
A cycle? No.
What the heck is it? UFO? Nope.

Finally stopped and saw that it was my trunk light. I was driving without the engine cover and the light was brighter than ever.

This leads me to a question.

Is this light on all the time that the headlights are on? (And I've just never noticed it when I was driving the car years ago?)

Thanks,
Chris

oh- and I guess that I should probably go ahead and get tags on this thing now.
Allan
It's on whenever the headlights are on.

I drove my car around for awhile without the engine lid on and at night it looked pretty rice...
SirAndy
QUOTE(hi4head @ Jun 28 2006, 07:59 PM) *

Is this light on all the time that the headlights are on? (And I've just never noticed it when I was driving the car years ago?)

yes, trunk/engine comp. light is always on ...

with my GT engine lid, it always got me confuzzled, so i painted the part for the engine comp. black.
no more light in the rear view mirror ...
smile.gif Andy
Flat VW
The light is in the rear trunk so you're luggage does not get scared in the dark. yikes.gif

John
hi4head
Thanks. It's good to know that I don't have another electrical issue.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.