Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Pathetic!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rrrockhound
So I'm sitting on the balcony of my hotel room smoking my pipe and enjoying a cocktail when a minivan pulls up and parks at the curb. Seems it has a flat, and Dad has to call roadside assistance. Someone else in a station wagon, a friend, evidently, pulls up a few minutes later to "rescue" his family from this distress and the guy waits about 30 minutes until a kid in a Scion xB pulls up to help him change his flat.

Who the hell has to call roadside assistance for a FLAT? confused24.gif

Showing you can change a tire ought to be a requirement for getting a driver's license.

SirAndy
QUOTE(Rrrockhound @ Jun 28 2006, 08:21 PM) *

Who the hell has to call roadside assistance for a FLAT? confused24.gif

i had to ... biggrin.gif

on the jeep. the PO has used a wheel-lock on the spare tire and i somehow lost the key to it.
tried to drill it out, but guess what, those locks are hardened steel ...

so, i had to call in the professionals to get the spare tire off the back ...

kinda embarrassing ...
smile.gif Andy
grasshopper
yeah that kind of annoys me that people cant do something that simple... another thing that really pisses me off is when people put a spare tire on and then procede to drive around on the spare for the next year...do they not realize the the new spare tire is like half the size of the others???
GWN7
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 28 2006, 08:45 PM) *

yeah that kind of annoys me that people cant do something that simple... another thing that really pisses me off is when people put a spare tire on and then procede to drive around on the spare for the next year...do they not realize the the new spare tire is like half the size of the others???

Barry, I didn't know you knew my step son? biggrin.gif (that's exactly what he did till the 1/2 spare went flat and he drove on it till he got home and ruined the spare) headbang.gif
grasshopper
av-943.gif
seanery
I had to help a buddy out when his battery died in his Bimmer. It was located in a clean, dry area of the trunk.

He had no idea what to do or how to change it. I went home and got an Optima that had been sitting for a year, stuck it in his car and he was on his way. I told him to save a few bucks and install the new one (that he was buying) himself...well, he went to the BMW dealer and had them install one.

That stuff just kills me. I know he's a smart guy who is plenty capable of doing it himself.
Toast
I would probably have to because I'm not strong enough to turn the lug nuts. I even try to jump on the star wrench. Sometimes that works depending on how tight the nuts are.
But i'm a girl, so I could get away with it. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.