Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jim kelly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
biggrin.gif ok for all you guys who didn't make it to the deal of the century here is the scoop... jim kelly located in west newberry, ma. offered such a deal FREE stuff. i drove up on sunday it was 2 hrs. mostly wet and raining all the way till i got 15 miles away then clear dry roads. JIM has a very nice 76 but you wouldn't know the year if you were not told as he is using old style bumpers. real steel flared fenders and all the goodies anyone would want for as close to a six conversion as possible - the 6, wheels, big brakes,....etc..$$$$$. well i managed to score on a few parts... which made the ride more interesting.all the better stuff was already claimed for. we talked about our cars and ... well you know there isn't anything more important than our cars!!! so welcome JIM to the club and i look forward to seeing everyone at CHRIS FOLEY's open house!!!! clap56.gif aktion035.gif thanks JIM KELLY
Dr Evil
Great, now we have two of them. I hope this one deosnt threaten to put a big wing on his car, too. wink.gif

welcome.png
jimkelly
You're kidding - there is another Jim Kelly on the club : ) It of course is a pretty unique name - only about a zillion in my phone book : ) When I make an appointment with my doctor or other, I need to give them my middle name and my address so they can be sure WHICH jim kelly they are dealing with. Not only that most like to spell kelly as kelley : ) It would be so much easier if I had a unique name like John Brown : )

Off topic - good luck with your search for the REAL jim kelly but even us faux jim kellys don't know who it is.
jk76.914
Thanks Ray for the boost. I enjoyed talking about our cars, and I must say, your's is probably the most unique 914 I think I've seen. Great job on the interior! And what color did you say that is?

Not sure about the $$$ in my car. Everything's relative, I guess. When you buy the parts over time- sales, eBay, whatever, you can look for deals and you don't notice the $$$ so much. (And the Boss doesn't notice so much either!) My big items were the flares (from Stoddard in '02) and the wheels (from Wheel Enhancement Services in '03). Aside from that, I just kept picking away.... And even with the wheels- they took my five old 4-lug Fuchs, plus four used 15x6 5-lug Fuchs that I was previously going to use, in trade. So that helped probably to the tune of $900 towards the "new" 15x7 Fuchs.

My big coups were the axles- the last 7 (reputedly) brand new ones from Porsche in '05, from which I kept 3 and sold 4 (which paid for all 7), and then the genuine 914/6 front end. I got the front end on eBay in '04 for only $375. Real 914/6 part numbers, plus rebuilt M calipers, new bearings, new cross-drilled ventilated rotors, and new ball joints. Everything stripped and powder coated. Someone had a project going that got cancelled, I guess.

Anyway, I like being a Jim Kelly. Yeah, there are a lot of us out there, I know. I'm named after my Uncle Jim, who drove the first vehicle of the 2nd wave onto Utah Beach, with the 4th Infantry Division.... you know the date....

Regards,
the other Jim Kelly

Click to view attachment
My '76. Can't believe I took the pic with that ugly license plate frame on the front!
(Still needs valances and rocker panels. Probably craft something up next winter... Got some ideas on how to flare them...)
Rockaria
SCHWING!

and a fix... No more frame!
jk76.914
MUCH BETTER! THANKS!
biggrin.gif

Jim
dinomium
that is one fine ride, and if you really want one, I have a wing in the back yard. Buy it before Jim does!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.