Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: konis worth rebuilding?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
I got a pair of old konis for cheap, but they need rebuilding. I am assuming that these konis were from the 70's or 80's?? as they are not adjustable..or at least I dont know how to. But is it even worth it to rebuild these or should I just junk them??
GeorgeRud
They used to rebuild them (in the 70s), but I don't know what Koni's program is now. Probably time to give them a call.
Midtowner
Timely thread. I have the same shocks on my ride and was thinking of the same thing as one option. popcorn[1].gif
Andyrew
Contact Jason at Paragon... He is The Koni guy I believe....
Joe Ricard
I would guess that a new set of Koni Sports would do you better in the long run.
RON S.
I had these Koni's rebuilt by TrueChoice Motorsports up in Ohio about 6months ago.

Their standard rate I believe is 150-175.00 per shock.

They are a authorized Koni rebuilder,and ALL Koni shocks are rebuildable.

Question is,how much do you wanna put in them.

Ron
Aaron Cox
rons shocks were rare and i think a few way adjustable....

cheaper to buy NEW external adjustable konis....

nice paper weights there son smile.gif
maf914
The old Koni reds were adjustable, but only out of the car. I don't have the instructions available, but it involves pressing the push rod completely into the shock body to engage the adjustment mechanism. Now I'm guessing, but you turn the push rod (clockwise?) in one direction to zero the adjustment and get the softest setting, then turn it in the opposite direction (counter-clockwise?) to increase the resistance or firmness. Someone probably knows the proper procedure. idea.gif
Eric_Shea
agree.gif Push the rod down until it engages and turn. Should say on the side of the shock.

Talk to Gordon at:
Koni North America
1961 International Way
Hebron, KY 41048
859-586-4100 x343

I agree with Aaron... might just be cheaper to get a set of new ones. I think the rebuild cost is $140 each and an extra $30 for a new rod with the adjustment knob on the top.
Mike T
QUOTE(RON S. @ Jun 29 2006, 05:18 AM) *

I had these Koni's rebuilt by TrueChoice Motorsports up in Ohio about 6months ago.

Ron

Ron S.

What Koni's are those? I noticed the sping perch mounts much lower than the Koni Reds I have on my 914.

Mike T
elwood-914
[/quote]
Why is the rubber stop turned around it each shock??
Click to view attachment
RON S.
[quote name='Mike T' date='Jun 29 2006, 05:35 AM' post='715430']
[quote name='RON S.' post='715419' date='Jun 29 2006, 05:18 AM']

Ron
[/quote]

Ron S.

What Koni's are those? I noticed the sping perch mounts much lower than the Koni Reds I have on my 914.

Mike T
[/quote]

Mike,those are a pair of early Dbl Adjustable(compression & rebound) Koni's for 914's.They are stamped 8/73 on each,so they are 30+years old.I found them at Hershey last year and got'em for $200.00 biggrin.gif I could'nt pass em up.

[quote name='elwood-914' date='Jun 29 2006, 05:43 AM' post='715435']
[/quote]
Why is the rubber stop turned around it each shock??
Click to view attachment
[/quote]

That is just the way they came out of the box from TrueChoice.They've been assemble & installled.

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.