Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tree fell in my driveway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Our favorite oak tree lost a huge branch yesterday at 4 am. We awoke to the sound of wood popping as the branch peeled away the side of the tree trunk almost to the ground. It came down gently onto my truck parked next to the house. Only minor damage to the house like a few torn shingles and a damaged gutter, but the truck took it a bit harder. Take a look:
ChrisFoley
The damage isn't too bad except for the top of the cab at the back.
ChrisFoley
Mary and I couldn't even get out the driveway to go to work so I went in the garage and worked on William Harris' engine until the tree guys did their thing. The alternator in now installed with a new Bowlsby wiring harness. clap56.gif The Pertronix is installed and the tin is on. Time for the D-jet to go back on next.
dralf
sad.gif If a tree falls in the driveway and everyone's asleep, does it still make a sound ?

Sorry about your loss. I have some big trees and every year I have to get out and trim the branches for I don't want that to happen. I am getting to old to play lumber-jack, and my chain saw is getting harder to start !
Rleog

Now I see what you mean! Sorry, Chris.
That rear window must be bulletproof. I can't believe it didn't break.
elwood-914
Amazing what an oak limb will do....I had 2 drop on cars at my home, lots of damage. I had a 10 inch limb take out my truck once......no work that day biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
Yikes!!!

Cousin last year had a dead tree fall on her car while driving on a local two lane road here. Fell right across the car, right over the back seat. If she would have been going just a tad slower she would not be here today. Tree crushed the rear roof section to the floor of the car. Lots of very old and tall oaks inthat area of town. unsure.gif
william harris
OK, Chris, you are killing me here. You talk about the motor and you show lots of pictures of the offending tree, but not one damn picture of that 2.0 project. Come on go out to the shop and take a couple of pictures to show the progress drooley.gif
914fan
Note to self:
DO NOT PARK 914 IN TREE SHADE!!!
Rand
Ouch. Sorry to see that.

You faired a little better than this one I saw near Seattle:
MBowman325
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 29 2006, 10:43 AM) *

Ouch. Sorry to see that.

You faired a little better than this one I saw near Seattle:

That's a low ridin' Caddy!

I can't think of anyone having that sorta problem here, then again, we don't have many big trees... What I call a decent sized tree someone up in Illinois was refering to as a bush.. blink.gif
914fan
Well I guess thats why we have Ins. Best of luck
Toast
pinch.gif Will your insurance or Homeowners insurance help you?
johannes
Reminds me a story ...

This is what remains of a forest guard car, after a 90 tons rock fell on it.
Happens in the Alps this winter.
The driver came out with no major injuries ... Call it a miracle...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.