Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn: North Carolina 914 Club Members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Evill Ed
Hey all. I am considering a move form Northern NJ to the Raleigh NC area. I am in Raleigh this week looking around, as so far I like it.

How many of you are in this area?
Any good shops in this area?
Local PCA Club for this area?
What tracks do you DE at?
Any good Autocross set ups?

Any other info or opinions on this area would be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail me off list through PM or to evill914@verizon.net

Regards,
Ed
Richard Casto
You have mail!
bmcwilli
I am Chapel Hill. DO check out Chapel Hill and Durham before you default to Raleigh.

I have a great indie mechanic just west of Chapel Hill. There's a guy named Chuck Miller up north of Hillsborough NC that does amazing things, builds race cars etc.

There is no 914 contingent here that I'm aware of. I know of one other car besides mine, and have talked on the forum with 2 others.

Don't know from where you are moving, but if it's Cali, you will be disappointed in AX scene here. The Tar Heel Sports Car Club (www.thscc.org) does a great job, but there are limited venues, and thus a limited schedule.

I don't know anything about mechanics etc in raleigh. I do know that I would live in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro, Durham or Hillsborough before I woould chose raleigh.

PM for more info

Bryan
hi4head
Ed,
I'm over near Winston-Salem. I moved down from up north and absolutely love it here.

You might want to check out http://www.carolinas-pca.com/

Welcome in advance to NC.

Chris
Brett W
Hey, Ed glad you are coming to your senses. I have a friend that lives in Duraham right now and he is the one that got me into this whole 914 addiction. He will have his car up there as soon as he build a new garage to keep it in.

Anyway, as far as track days go, that region is very active. There are half a dozen tracks within six hours. VIR, Road Atlanta, Carolina Motorsports, new track going in in Salisbury, NC, just north of Charlotte.

I will alert Brian to this topic and see if he can give you any input on the Raleigh-Duraham area.
Evill Ed
Thanks all. We are looking in Wake Forest, Cary, Apex and Raleigh since my wife has family here. However we will look into the other areas mentioned. My concern is for good schools for my boys, ages 10 and 7. Also, an area where Northerners or Yankees will be better accepted. I have heard that some areas of NC will always consider you a Yankee and make acceptance tough for the kids. I understand that the Raleigh area is alot of us Northern transplants and it its less of an issue here. Don't know how true any of this is, but it is what i've been told. Any insight here?

Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.