Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elephant's bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Elephant Racing
IPB Image
cork
I could be wrong, but talk a couple months ago ,no different than plastic one, in that they bind flag.gif
elmonte
If you follow the link on their site to the PP board , Jeroen talks about
putting them on his 911
914Timo
I have them, but I have the early models without those red collars and inner sleves. I think those are good modifications.

I had some troubles with them when I put all together. I had to hone the A-arms and bend the front mountings to make everything moving smoothly.

I am very impressed how they affect to the steering. After the installation the steering become very sharp and accurate. I really like them. I am also very surprised they didnt make more noise.
Jeroen
I installed these on my 911 two months ago
They're nice. Not as nice/good as Mikes rollerbearings, but those are only available for the front of a 911, and I had to do all 4 corners

(Mikey, are you reading this? Can you make rollerbearings for the 911 rear???)

Anyway, so far I'm not disapointed... and Chuck Mooreland (the owner of Elephant Racing) is a very nice guy.

But for the 914, get Mikey's rollerbearings (mine will)
(Elephant doesn't have anything for the 914 rears, he actually sells Mike's rear roller bearings)

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
I wasn't looking to break the bank. Their fronts are fairly inexpensive. It's got plastic bushings on it now and it creaks and moans, and drives me nuts around town. (and I've only had it here for a couple days)

I think they were about $240, so not too bad.

Jeroen, what did you have before you put them on?
Jeroen
Hey Sean,

My 911 still had the stock bushings/rubbers
Those were pretty shot after 16 years and 150K miles biggrin.gif

I think they're a very good mediator between the weltmeister bushings and Mike's rollerbearings, both in price and performance

cheers,

Jeroen
r_towle
If you have the plastic bushings and they are creaking, I found a great article (I think on pelican)
I did it and it worked great.

Basically you take out the bushings that are there and clean them up, re-install into the rear housing while out of the car (I mean the sleeve that the bushing slided INTO.

Now hold both of them together and drill through both the housing and the bushing, and tap both to allow you to install a grease fitting.

Once the fitting is installed, make sure it cannot touch the a-arm and scratch it.
Then take a dremel and carve slots inside the bushing to allow the grease to have a place to be, look at the picture above of the bronze female housing, the grooves are there as well.

Fronts are the same detail.
Then use a good high temp silicone based grease and you are squeak free.
I think the total cost to me for the zirk fittings was like 2 bucks.
Quiet as a mouse now.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.