Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alfa turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chogokin
Hey, I heard a rumor that Alfa Romero has a turbo charger that will bolt onto a teener?? Any truth to this anyone know? idea.gif
WRX914
You can't turbo a teener!

laugh.gif
seanery

laugh.gif

:duh:
lapuwali
I'm going to guess that this rumor got started because at some point Alfa added a turbo to the Alfasud, which has a flat four. The 'sud was never imported into the US, so finding one or parts from one here is very difficult.
Mueller
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jun 29 2006, 08:39 AM) *

Hey, I heard a rumor that Alfa Romero has a turbo charger that will bolt onto a teener?? Any truth to this anyone know? idea.gif

what is your definition of "bolt-on"???

why in the world anyone would think you could simply just loosen a few bolts and then bolt an entire system designed for a specific application to a vehicle no where related is beyond me biggrin.gif screwy.gif

can it be "made" to work? yes, but there are 20 other turbocharged cars that would be better donors.....and no, none of them will "bolt-on", you'll need some fabrication for sure...

I suggest you quit hanging out with the person that told you that story blink.gif poke.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 29 2006, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jun 29 2006, 08:39 AM) *

what is your definition of "bolt-on"???

why in the world anyone would think you could simply just loosen a few bolts and then bolt an entire system designed for a specific application to a vehicle no where related is beyond me biggrin.gif screwy.gif

can it be "made" to work? yes, but there are 20 other turbocharged cars that would be better donors.....and no, none of them will "bolt-on", you'll need some fabrication for sure...

I suggest you quit hanging out with the person that told you that story blink.gif poke.gif

And, while we're ragging on you, learn to spell "ALFA ROMEO". The Cap'n, extra surly this morning ................................
Chogokin
OK now if a guy can't ask a simple question from you guys without getting his balls busted then to hell with you. finger.gif I'm pretty new at this whole 914 bit and not sure what is fact and what is fiction, so figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. Didn't realize you all were so full of yourselves that you forgot that you had to start somewhere once upon a time. AND CAPTIN CRUNCH if you can't recognize a TYPEO then you probably need another drink! flipa.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jun 29 2006, 11:26 AM) *

OK now if a guy can't ask a simple question from you guys without getting his balls busted then to hell with you. finger.gif I'm pretty new at this whole 914 bit and not sure what is fact and what is fiction, so figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. Didn't realize you all were so full of yourselves that you forgot that you had to start somewhere once upon a time. AND CAPTIN CRUNCH if you can't recognize a TYPEO then you probably need another drink! flipa.gif

None of what you read elsewhere, and half of what you read here, can be trusted. The other half is generally pretty good. You CAN turbo a 914, but it's expensive and requires a great deal of mechanical and engineering talent and ability to do so. Many have tried it, and a VERY FEW have been successful. Better off doing a Subie swap. And stay in school, LOL. The Cap'n
Joe Bob
Sarcasm...just another service offered here at the 914club....get used to it....
Rockaria
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 29 2006, 12:00 PM) *

And, while we're ragging on you, learn to spell "ALFA ROMEO". The Cap'n, extra surly this morning ................................

Alpha Romero... I just assumed he was talking about this guy... But semi-seriosly I live in the southwest and that is the only way people can say it... Just about every time one is for sale in the paper I get a chuckle.
Chogokin
OK now that is an answer I can handle, I'm not interested in trying to put any of that turbo $#!* on my engine for God sake. I know other cars sometimes have parts that can be used for different applications so was wanting to know if there was any truth to it so that the next time I hear that I can know what I'm talking about.
And as far as the stay in school comment, I hope your talking about the teener school... because after 12 years and 3 combat tours in the BEE's it's too late for me to get hooked on phonics...
ptravnic
Chogokin -

Lots of court jesters round here. Thing about court jesters is that when you are in the mood for their antics they're great... when you're looking for an answer to a serious question the jester's just get in the way.

Look past the jesters and you'll get the answer(s) to your question(s)...unless your question is intended to draw out the jesters...

Also, this lil club has a broad range of folks, boys and girls alike from teenagers to retirees so senses of humor and tone are sometimes misunderstood...

Just my $0.02

Rockaria
Wait a sec???? Maybe he's right? drunk.gif
Chogokin
guess I'd better get myself a thin skin repair kit if I'm gonna ask any more questions lol
Tobra
He is referring of course to the ultra rare, Alfa Romero CT(Caesar turbo) One green one, and one red one, both made for Caesar Romero, cousin of Giuseppe Fiat.
tdgray
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jun 29 2006, 02:59 PM) *

guess I'd better get myself a thin skin repair kit if I'm gonna ask any more questions lol

Now your gettin' it.

People love to bust balls around here... but it's all in fun.

You should seen my first post question.

Hang around awhile... you'll find that your insane too. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
CAPTIN CRUNCH
av-943.gif

eg914
If there was no sarcasm I wouln't have much to say about anything, just ask my family
Chogokin
you know... they say excessive sarcasm is a symptom of small genitalia... you guys may want to be careful or you just may confirm that theory.. cool.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jun 29 2006, 11:59 AM) *

The club store has those kits on back order right now. I do understand, however, that you can download them from the same source where you get a life! No one here has done that, though. Press on! The Cap'n
lapuwali
Lots of small penises here. We do have Porsches, after all...
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jun 29 2006, 11:46 AM) *

And as far as the stay in school comment, I hope your talking about the teener school... because after 12 years and 3 combat tours in the BEE's it's too late for me to get hooked on phonics...

welcome.png another squid! I was Sonar, Surface.
pfierb
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:48 AM) *

laugh.gif

You can't huh....just check out the nice turbo 914 that our own EJM built up.

Paulo Conte
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(pfierb @ Jun 29 2006, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jun 29 2006, 11:48 AM) *

laugh.gif

You can't huh....just check out the nice turbo 914 that our own EJM built up.

Paulo Conte

Don't forget Ed Villela's masterpiece ............ The Cap'n
dinomium
I did see on Ruin my Car on mTV, they installed a CB performance TURBO in a Thing, that and a 30 LCD! barf.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Jun 29 2006, 04:31 PM) *

Wrong! Big trucks and muscle cars = small penis
Small sports cars = ugly and fat

beer.gif happy11.gif
So.Cal.914
If you can't fuch with your family, who can you fuch with. It's nothing personal,

So deal with it! slap.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Jun 29 2006, 12:31 PM) *

Yeah I swear when I picked up my car my dick lost 3 inches.

As far as a turbo system goes...
It's so easy to just make a system. You don't need a bolt up system and honestly you are paying alot for some guys version of what should fit.

A turbo system is not much more then a complex exhaust system.

The hard part is tuning. Thats where I draw the line and ask for help!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.