Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great History of the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN

I was in thebookstore yesterday when I picked up this British magazine called "Classic and Sports Cars" Their feature story this month is a brief snippet on each model Porsche made and where values are (in pounds of course)
So i wnet back to the office and did a quick web search about it, and found this:

Story of the 914 and Reviews

This site gives a really good look into the history of the 914.

Here is a funny exerpt in regards to european sales:
"Closer to home, the targa-top two-seater was still proving to be as unpopular as an ashtray option on a motorbike"

"The 914 comes into its own out of town, on twisty roads, where you can put its handling to good use. "

lapuwali
Unfortunately, they made a number of small factual errors, like referring to the "cable shifter". I subscribe to C&SC, as well as a few other British car mags. Their fact-checking is often embarrassingly bad. Fortunately, they apply good humor and have a regular "Pedant of the Month" section in their Letters.

drewvw

I am a big fan of Classic and Sports Car....been reading it for years. Definitely slanted more toward the british vintage cars but a great publication all the same.
maf914
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Jun 29 2006, 08:54 AM) *

Unfortunately, they made a number of small factual errors, like referring to the "cable shifter". I subscribe to C&SC, as well as a few other British car mags.

I subscribe to C&SC and read the Porsche article also. I noticed the "cable shifter" remark and wondered where that came from. confused24.gif

But, a good magazine just the same. Been reading it for years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.