Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aubergine roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
no relation to seller

here

beerchug.gif
SLITS
What kind of derranged individual would want a PURPLE 914?

Oh Rusty, are ya listening? poke.gif
JoeSharp
Thomas is going to call and we may look at the car this weekend.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 29 2006, 01:15 PM) *

Thomas is going to call and we may look at the car this weekend.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

looks like a nice drive very curvy rds.

are you thinking about taking ortega from the 5?
SLITS
too late beach boys....I already bought it....... happy11.gif bruhhahhahhahhahhahhahhahha flipa.gif

Car is purple over yellow and current owner does not know what's underneath the yellow (it's faster ya know).

Car has not run in 20 years. Car was bought from someone in El Monte. Current owner is #3. He said that #1 did a favor for a Porsche Dealership and in 1972 the dealership took the car and upgraded it to a two liter. The story as told by #2 owner.

Fuel injection was removed and a single carb installed. Single carb, fan housing, alternator and misc parts will be found in the trunks.

Current owner bought it to drive in the mountains, but realized he had not the knowledge nor time to realize his dream. He has never tried to turn the engine over as it is not complete.

Reporting, somewhat live from the scene, this is Slits....now back to you in the studio.
Eric_Shea
Not a 98 car. 1-97-G paint code?

I'll take it if someone wants to verify the no rust claims. SLITS, errrrr Son, can you check it out for me? Cash inhand.

E.
SLITS
I'm on it like flies on shit DAD. stromberg.gif
davep
Yes, well don't forget the VIN, chassis # & paint code for me please. Especially if it is under 2000 in the VIN dept.

TIA beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
If'n I buy it I'll send them off to you... SLITS, go get my car!
G e o r g e
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 29 2006, 04:23 PM) *

Yes, well don't forget the VIN, chassis # & paint code for me please. Especially if it is under 2000 in the VIN dept.

TIA beerchug.gif

hijacked.gif
dave here is my list for you

4732918259 chassis # to come l98
4702912551 chassis unknown l60e scrap metal
4752909461 1019010 l20c
4742917507 759549 l96b

beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
Can you really hijack your own thread? dry.gif sad.gif smile.gif blink.gif confused24.gif
Duffster
Senior Sleeets.......YO Quiero!!!!! hay dinero!!!!! If it's got less rust and hacked repairs than my red car, Im in for a penny and several pounds (Sterling, of course)
Eric_Shea
Senior Sleeets.......YO Quiero!!!!! hay dinero!!!!! If it's got less rust and hacked repairs than my red car, Im in for a penny and several pounds (Sterling, of course)

Read above. wink.gif
SLITS
Ok, went and looked at it today. Details as follows:

1.) I could not find rust anywhere except the top tray of the battery tray. I scraped the loose stuff outta the hell hole area and could not find any holes. The loose stuff was from the top tray of the battery. I checked for rust behind the seats, rear trunk and front trunk....none.

2.) Car is a '71 with appearance group....side vinyl, trim, chrome bumpers with fog lights. Bumpers are in good condition, no dents, rubbers look good, but some small flaws. Chrome on rear bumper is fading, but not rusty...might clean up. Rear is the later curved style in the license plate area. Front appears in good condition and light grills are not broken.

3.) Rear window is loose and need resealing.

4.) Brite work is good shape.

5.) Engine is 1.7 style. If it was made into a 2.0 with rods, crank and barrels I couldn't tell. Heads are 4 stud. Single Weber progressive is mounted with a Facet pump to feed it.

6.) Parts in rear trunk were a type 1 alternator/fan and type 1 engine rear tin. Two new innner door seals were in package along with a new Ignitor that has never been installed.

7.) Paint is purple over yellow. Paint Code is L97G. Paint, after all the years, is a 20 yard good (when washed and cleaned). Color change was done correctly except for painting engine bay and fuel tank area.

8.) Seals will need replacement. Windshield seal could be called serviceable. Windshield is good shape. Targa top is good also.

9.) Front, rear trunk lids, engine lid all line up really good (actually fantastic). No evidence of any hits could be seen anywhere. I did not check for bondo with a magnet, but seriously doubt there is any.

10.) Interior is marginal with normal tears and rips. Dash looks ok if cleaned with a couple of cracks. Door panels need work, especially passenger side.

11.) Rear shift linkage bar is off car. Tranny is a tail shifter.

12.) Steel wheels with VW beauty cover and hub caps....a couple mashed. He has a set of new fake Fuchs (never mounted). They do not go with car, but $300 added to price will get them.

13.) Doors open and close easily, both door handles functional. Rear trunk button is a little sticky. Front trunk opens easily. Windows operate easily.

14.) Front valvence very good. Rear valence (correct one with hole) is good..slight bend neat tailpipe exit hole.

15.) Vins match...build date is 11/70

16.) Car last registered '83 on plate. He has had it for about 2 -3 years. Brought registration up to date and then Non-Op. So license is current.

17.) Checked pass side rocker from rear and only saw debri...no noticable rust signs.

Don't know whether electrics are good as battery was dead. Don't know if engine could be started, but it's all there. From what I could see and scrape, it is a straight solid body. For someone wanting an early car, this could be a good deal.

Yeh, I took pictures but don't have anyway of upload at the house. My media reader has gone missing.

Over and out
Allan
Offer him $425.00 and I'll take it....
redshift
I have $200 that says it's mine!

Sell it before it's worthless!

M
davep
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 1 2006, 05:04 PM) *

7.) Paint is purple over yellow. Paint Code is L97G.

Hate to correct you on this, but L97G is Gold Metallic, and quite rare. This leads me to a new thread on gold paint codes. Did you get the VIN and/or the chassis # perchance?
Eric_Shea
I passed on this as my intentions were to make some money on it. I'd like to see it go to someone who needs a good solid tub... Duffster?

That gold sounds cool...
rhodyguy
make money on it, av-943.gif dry.gif av-943.gif . i wish i had a 10 spot for every time i've said that to my wife.

k
SLITS
Here ya go......

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Image from behind the seats wouldn't display.....last two images are the hell-hole
rhodyguy
what's the story on the gap/split on the right side of the last picture? parts car.

k
SLITS
Don't know....didn't see it till I looked at the images today.
rhodyguy
bondo magic? looks like sanding lines on my end.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.