Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF Ebay pulled my parts car auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So I put the parts car on ebay. Today was day 4 of a 7 day auction and I get this email below. I use the exact wording as I used in my ad here in the classifieds FOR SALE LINK So what the WTF did I do wrong. I sell on ebay all the time and this is a first for me. I emailed them asking what was wrong with the auction because I sure don't know. Heck it was going good I had bids up to $110 and was hoping for $125. Anyone want it for $125? screwy.gif confused24.gif

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following auction-style listing(s):

280001994018 - 1973 Porsche 914 Parts car

However, your auction-style listing(s) violates eBay's Vehicle Related policy and has been removed. In accordance with our User Agreement, items prohibited by law or by eBay policy are not allowed on eBay. We have credited all associated fees to your account and notified eBay users associated with the transaction that it has been cancelled.

The sale of vehicles, vehicle parts and items related to the transfer of vehicles is highly regulated. As a result, eBay encourage members to educate themselves on the laws governing the sale of these items.

For more information on Vehicle Related visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-vehicles.html

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

Please review eBay's Prohibited and Restricted Items guidelines and User Agreement at the following locations:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

For more information on why eBay removesauction-style listings, or to write to us with questions, please review the following Web page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/listing-ended.html

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
Demick
What section did you list it in? I think e-bay charges like a $50 listing fee or something to list a car. I'm guessing you listed it in a parts category, thereby only paying a small listing fee. E-bay probably thinks that the car looks fairly complete and should not be listed in a parts category. That might be why they pulled it.
seanery
weird confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
Ebays reponse below. In short becuase I said I have a clean & clear title in my auction they pulled it. seems you can only say that for functional cars screwy.gif

Thank you for writing to eBay in regard to why your auction was ended.

I recognize your frustration and want to address your concerns. I
reviewed your account and the listing in question and found that it was
removed for being listed in an inappropriate category. The following
information was found in your item description:

"I have a clean title for the car."

The above information indicates that you were offering a Porsche 914
that you had described as a nonfunctional parts car. However, your
listing included a description of the title as clean or clear.

eBay policy prohibits the mention or discussion of valid titles (clear,
rebuilt, or reconditioned) in any listing unless the title accompanies
a
fully functional motor vehicle. If you are attempting to list a
passenger vehicle with a valid title, then you must list the vehicle in
the appropriate Cars & Trucks category on the eBay Motors site.

We understand that it is important for passenger vehicles sellers to
describe the status of a title. Therefore, when you list in the Motor's
Cars & Trucks category we automatically provide you input fields
necessary to describe the title. In the future, we ask that you would
list your vehicles with accompanying titles in the appropriate Cars &
Trucks category.

GWN7
Demick hit it...they wanted more $$
GaroldShaffer
Yep. dry.gif O'well I guess I leave out the part about the title next time confused24.gif happy11.gif rolleyes.gif
Joe Bob
$$$ go figure....
mharrison
Maybe add...."e-mail me to discuss documentation...." or something along those lines.

or "All needed documentation included with car"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.