Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad is a REAL Person
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914gem
Got to meet Brad this weekend in Hot Springs and he is a real person. Not sure what the hair thing was all about, must be a west coast thing. He is taller than I thought and doesn't wear glasses. He didn't say anything about still living with his Mom and Dad. And he didn't even talk funny. He wore normal duds and didn't have a lap top straped to his back. He was even nice enough to let his wife beat him at the auto cross. What a guy. It was a plessure though talking to him about 914 stuff. He knows a lot about the 914 and is a true 914er at heart.
Jeroen
Are you talking about Brad the Asshole?
Are you sure you're not confusing two people wink.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
Must be two Brad's out there.
redshift
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 8 2003, 07:50 AM)
Must be two Brad's out there.

Oh yeah, the one we know and love, and an imposter trying to destroy his reputation.

M
JWest
914gem, did I get to meet you there?

BTW, I beat Brad at the tech quiz, and I don't think he LET his wife (or Andy, who won) beat him at the autocross.

Brad's hair? Did you see Andy's hair? Brad is tall, though... blink.gif
TheCabinetmaker
914 gem, I know I met you, but what were you driving?

Brad has blown his cover! After several hours, several rounds, and lots of talk, he's not an asshole, but is a motivator. Like most of us, he is dedicated to the preservation of the 914.

About Andy, maybe he was out of character on this weekend, but the only thing "weird" about him was the hair! He's also a very good ax driver.

John Leto. Don't forget to shutup once in a while laugh.gif

Lyressa did a great job in the ax. Her times were much improved on each run. smilie_pokal.gif

They all drove the silver car in the ax. Brad did the last three runs, and car didn't want to run.
seanery
You guys are figuring it all out.

Brad-Normal Guy
Andy-Looks like he's not, but is a very nice guy (probably doesn't like to admit it)

the hair color and rep is just to throw people off wink.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(James Adams @ Oct 8 2003, 06:15 AM)
I don't think he LET his wife (or Andy, who won) beat him at the autocross.

Brad's hair? Did you see Andy's hair? Brad is tall, though... blink.gif

Here's what I noticed....Brad cheered EVERY ax driver that crossed the finish line that I saw.

Andy did a good job of finessing Lyressa's car around that course. The reason I say this is there was very little traction on that surface. It was VERY rough, EXTREMELY marbley (lots of small crap - ideally it should have been swept), damp from the rain, and lots of off-camber turns.
seanery
Joseph,

I have the solution to your missing carb top wingnuts.

send me your address and I'll send it to you.
It's cheap and simple and very effective.
My CB stuff came with it.

-sean
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 8 2003, 08:17 AM)
Joseph,

I have the solution to your missing carb top wingnuts.

send me your address and I'll send it to you.
It's cheap and simple and very effective.
My CB stuff came with it.

-sean

Seanery,

Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you.

Once you have my email address, could I ask you to send a jpg file of the sticker? I'd really like to replace my magnetic ones that were stolen. Someone....somewhere....is driving around with a 914.com sticker on their pickup truck. ph34r.gif

I trust your drive home went okay? Carbs starting to clean themselves? My one minute demo of how to remove & clean the idle and mains pretty much exhausted my knowledge of webers.

Rich Johnson was so kind, without being asked, to come over and just start tweaking mine. I learned a lot just watching him.

It was a great weekend for 914 owners. beer.gif
Brad Roberts
Well.. I had a lengthy (thank you written up and the computer died).

I'll revisit the thread when I figure out why the computer rebooted on its own.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Oct 8 2003, 07:08 AM)
Andy did a good job of finessing Lyressa's car around that course. The reason I say this is there was very little traction on that surface. It was VERY rough, EXTREMELY marbley (lots of small crap - ideally it should have been swept), damp from the rain, and lots of off-camber turns.

considering that it was my very first AX ever plus i had never driven that car before, i am very pleased with the results cool.gif

brad should have gotten bonus points for coasting and pushing the car over the finish line on his second run laugh.gif

Andy
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 8 2003, 11:28 AM)
Well.. I had a lengthy (thank you written up and the computer died).

I'll revisit the thread when I figure out why the computer rebooted on its own.

B

The site was down for a few days when you were gone and then it was just magically working again ... maybe this auto re-booting is a good thing?
Brad Roberts
Rain and marbles didnt bother us.. we where on sticky street tires. Had we been on race tires.. it would have been a mess. The rain never bothers me.. just adjust.

B
Brad Roberts
Via cell phone Andy had a person restart the web server Tuesday during the day.

We had little to NO web access at the resort we stayed at. Somebody told me late Friday night that the site was down.. nothing much we could do from 2400 miles away from the server with dialup.

Our cell phones didnt work in the mountains of Arkansas (not enough to make calls longer than 3 minutes)

I'm sure the group survived.

B
Jeroen
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 8 2003, 09:45 PM)
I'm sure the group survived.

Just barely blink.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Words cant express how pissed I get when I hear the site is down..

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 8 2003, 01:23 PM)
Words cant express how pissed I get when I hear the site is down..

and guess why it went down ...

php crashed causing IIS to hang up causing the whole box to go into schnooze mode. grrrrrr ....

Andy
Brad Roberts
Yep.. I knew you/me knew the reason. I knew it wasnt any of your clients or the box.

Now to figure out how to solve it and get some people back on the BBS.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 8 2003, 01:29 PM)
Now to figure out how to solve it and get some people back on the BBS.

get the BBS on a dedicated box and run a watchdog on port 80 that'll call yer cell phone when it's down. (haha, yeah right, as if you check your messages) ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
We need to know BEFORE it fails 100%. There should be some PHP logging somewhere that shows us what is failing.

I'll get another HD for this old computer at my house and make it a dedicated server.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 8 2003, 01:41 PM)
We need to know BEFORE it fails 100%. There should be some PHP logging somewhere that shows us what is failing.

nope. all i get is a entry in the event log after it crashed ...

see below:
redshift
I keep trying to click 'close' and it doesn't..

Is that a problem on my end?

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 8 2003, 08:43 PM)

i think you need a "top end" rebuild laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 8 2003, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 8 2003, 08:43 PM)

i think you need a "top end" rebuild laugh.gif

(Sung to the tune of "Mary had a Little Lamb")

Don't be a dick.

wink.gif

M
Qarl
Those that witnessed a Brad-like creature this weekend might have seen the Brad-o-tronic 2000 android device.
redshift
Brad-o-tronic? I thought that was the name of the world's largest vibrating 'marital aid'.

Whatever that is, I saw it at www.bigdildos.com...

M
Brad Roberts
What they saw was a worn the F-out Brad-like person. Scramble to get two cars together and then scramble to keep 3 vehicles moving in the same direction with people who dont typically travel. Truelly a test I barely passed. I get to do it all over again next week.

B
redshift
It's great to have you back, now go to frikken sleep, your spelling shows signs of waning brain pressure.

smile.gif

M
Brad Roberts
Its only 9:30 pm here. I just finished all my email.

Trying to detemine whether or not I want to "fight" to keep this site alive.

B
redshift
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 9 2003, 12:27 AM)
Its only 9:30 pm here. I just finished all my email.

Trying to detemine whether or not I want to "fight" to keep this site alive.

B

It's nice for us, I know it's hell on you guys, and no amount of money would ever change that.

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Oct 8 2003, 09:36 PM)
It's nice for us, I know it's hell on you guys, and no amount of money would ever change that.

now that i disagree with wink.gif

give me enough scrilla and i hire someone just to keep it up & running 24/7 ...
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.