Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's fixed !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Replaced the intake gaskets and the phenolic spacers.
Old gaskets were pretty much deteriorating. Don't use the brown pare gasket material from NAPA.
I got some rubberized felt stuff that the old guy says will stand up to any kinda gas I want.

So I went back down to the 52 ish jets resetthe accelerator pumps.
I can spin the tires in 1st and 2nd and 3rd pulls so hard it strains my neck.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

smooth power and instant throttle response. I am so jazzed. mueba.gif
GWN7
Yea :Grin:
Aaron Cox
i want you to work your magic here.
i buy food? lol. when can i expect you?

AA
Joe Ricard
It's the plane ticket that's a bitch.

Everybody knocks the narrow band Air/fuel meters but this is how I have tuned my carbs to run smoothly. That and alot of sneeking up on perfect AF ratios for the most power.

I got a set of jet gauges and reams. You would be amazed at how far out some jets are.

Carbs are far from stock, I have 32mm venturis and have filed down the screw heads on the butterflys and narrowed down the supports for the secondary venturis. Blended the main venturis to leave no bump to distrub air flow. the filter housing and carb top cover and carb body all blend nicely and are all the same size. ( they don't come that way)
Long CB intakes sanded with 30 grit and port matched to the head. also sanded.
Can't get any more air in unless I spend BIG money on heads.
I think getting the air flow in each barrel to match through out the entire rpm range is the toughest. But makes great power.
1bad914
You use the spacers? I thought with carbs that you did not use them????
URY914
Maybe you need a return line to the tank? biggrin.gif

Also, short manifolds are best. IMHO
Joe Ricard
Butt Dyno says long narrow intakes made more torque and pulled harder.
I went through this last year. different combinations of 44IDF's short / long intakes. finally I waaas satisfied with 40 IDF's and long CB intakes.

Paul you have a fire breathing 2316 I would think you have enough velocity to support short intakes. If I wanted to make power only above 5 grand then yes I believe my notes say 44 IDF's short intake with small hole. 48 vs 50mm .

I don't just come up with this stuff I burned alot of gas testing.
Wish I woulda had my G-tech back then.

Ha ha return line to the tank. alfred.gif
If it comes out the tank it gets squirted down the carbs.

Don't make me come out to Tampa to whip your ass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.