Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NGK Spark Plugs vs. Bosch Plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BenT
Hi Folks,

I ordered some plugs for my 70 /06 with the stock 2.0. My parts guy sent me NGK's instead of the usual Bosch that they send me for my VW's. It's not like he did not have any Bosch plugs available. He recommended the NGK's. Of course he took off for the weekend after leaving me a note with his opinion.

Would someone care to share their opinion on this?

TIA,

BenT
magaoidh
NGK are good plugs,try 'em.
Cap'n Krusty
Little broader heat range, work well. New VWs and Audis run NGKs from the factory.
Good plugs. The Cap'n
JoeSharp
agree.gif
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
luv my ngk's
BenT
Thanks, everyone. Sounds like I'll be installing the NGK's. The sole Japanese vehicle in my personal fleet likes the NGK's too. I just haven't used it on anything else.

Cheers,

BenT
mrobin
hi.

The last bosch plugs I bought were made in India not Germany, maybe that is why your guy switched to NGK.

mike
Tobra
PO of my car is a Porsche wrench jockey and his shop uses NGK plugs in most of the imports they work on, he turned me on to them a loong time ago
rhodyguy
got the plug #? is there a prefered plug for carbed cars? i've got a set that are for the reduced spark plug hole. they don't tighten very well.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.