Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kumho Victoracers, how much -camber?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sww914
I've just installed camber plates in the front, now that I can adjust to whatever I want, how much negative camber should I run? I'm going to modify the rear to get more -camber also, I should be able to adjust to any settings that I desire.
DanT
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 29 2006, 07:44 PM) *

I've just installed camber plates in the front, now that I can adjust to whatever I want, how much negative camber should I run? I'm going to modify the rear to get more -camber also, I should be able to adjust to any settings that I desire.

With stock camber boxes etc....I am running -2.25 in front and -2.75+ in the rear.

205x50x15 Victors on 5.5" Fuchs with 3/4" spacers in front and 1/2" spacers in the rear.
The tires are wearing very evenly at these settings.

My car is VERY low. biggrin.gif
nebreitling

what kind of camber plates? i doubt that you'll be able to get more than -2.5 without getting out the die grinder. maybe with decambered balljoints thrown in the mix...

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/b...11balljoint.htm

anyway, for an aggressive driver in a track-914, i think it's hard to get too much -camber. i'm running about -3 on my front end, and i still can't get the inside of the tire to wear. back end is fine at around -2.5.
grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 30 2006, 01:09 PM) *

what kind of camber plates? i doubt that you'll be able to get more than -2.5 without getting out the die grinder. maybe with decambered balljoints thrown in the mix...

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/b...11balljoint.htm

anyway, for an aggressive driver in a track-914, i think it's hard to get too much -camber. i'm running about -3 on my front end, and i still can't get the inside of the tire to wear. back end is fine at around -2.5.

I with my car fairly slammed I can only grab about -2 in the front. I know Nathan has his ground out to grab more. I couldnt stomach grinding my car. I'm sure that eventually I'll do something.
nebreitling
keep in mind, the lower you go on a stock front end, the more static -camber you'll be able to achieve -- but the less dynamic -camber you'll gain in bump. it you go TOO low, it's possible to actually gain +camber in bump.

grinding the car isn't hard or even terribly intrusive. a little grind of the back can free up some castor, too, if you're so inclined. check the rule book before cutting, though.
grantsfo
Didnt notice those decambered ball joints - thats cool!
nebreitling
yeah, $350 cool!
sww914
My car is hardly a virgin, more like an old retired whore working at 7-11, so I reamed her good, and now it looks like about -3 degrees in front. I'll measure it soon, when my camber guage shows up next week.
nebreitling
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:01 PM) *

My car is hardly a virgin, more like an old retired whore working at 7-11, so I reamed her good, and now it looks like about -3 degrees in front. I'll measure it soon, when my camber guage shows up next week.

lmfao... we should all drive old retired whores... feel less guilt abusing them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.