Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 is nearly done so I went to the park
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I have been wanting to get the 914 to the Brown County State park and take some pics. Today was the day smile.gif

And all of the recent posts on Mueller's needle bearings provided even more motivation to drive the car a bit. I put on about 90 miles today paying particular attention to the ride quality. I have the Mueller bearings on front and rear. These bearings are a huge improvement over stock and make for a VERY NICE RIDE! The bearings are one of the items that seem to be expensive at the time of purchase but when driving the car the thoughts are wow that was a smart decision.

Here are a few pics.
Doug Leggins
I love this location.
Rand
Wow. That is beeeeeutiful!! I'm stoked to see it on the road! Kudos and congrats. smilie_pokal.gif
Michael N
Looks super nice! clap56.gif Who makes the front valance on your car?
SGB
wowie zowie! Bee-u-ti-ful!! Location does help frame the subject. Great job all around.
Lou W
Great job Doug, you do fantastic work, just don't get it dirty. smile.gif
drgchapman
Yeah baby! That is one goooood looookin' ride.
Doug Leggins
Just had to get in the grass for the green background biggrin.gif
Doug Leggins
The interior is nearly done. I still need to install the center console.
Doug Leggins
This location should be familiar to some it is the same location of the group picture taken at the 03 FFC.
GWN7
Nice Doug
GaroldShaffer
ohmy.gif You actually took it on the road, where it could get dirty or worse yet a bird could stromberg.gif on it. This is one nice car, seen it in person. Great job Doug. clap56.gif
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 29 2006, 11:27 PM) *

Looks super nice! clap56.gif Who makes the front valance on your car?

Thanks! The front valence came from my first 914 that I bought in Indianapolis, so I do not know who made it. Based on the info from the guy that I bought the car from, he likely bought it from Tweeks when they were in Indy.
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(Lou W @ Jun 29 2006, 11:34 PM) *

Great job Doug, you do fantastic work, just don't get it dirty. smile.gif

The top side is good and clean, but not the bottom side anymore. I am amazed at how quickly dirt and dust has accumulated on the bottom side mad.gif .
Midtowner
Wow! Great looking ride! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Doug:
You going to make it to Garolds event ,Aug. 5th in Portage. Can't wait to see it. Dave slap.gif
jim_hoyland
Doug,

Thanks for sharing; agree.gif the car and the back ground are great; now enjoy !
Eric_Shea
Brown County SP is so beautiful I love that area around Nashville. The car is simply amazing. Congratulations!
mudfoot76
WOW!! Is that the same car that you were driving at FFC 04? I guess you won't be winning dirtiest engine bay anymore biggrin.gif

I need to check availability for Garold's BBQ, but if I can go, and if you are going, want to meet up and caravan?
arc914
I am so jealous.my 73 is just out of paint and still missing some parts.Yours looks fabulous.
Where did you get your interior carpet?
Andrew in the Soo
Air_Cooled_Nut
Love the air dam (that's what I'm running), love the color (same as my Squareback), love the rims (polished or chromed?)! pray.gif

My air dam from my previous teener:
IPB Image
Got mine from AA in the late '90s.
Van914
Great car! rocking nana.gif

Wish that airdam was still made.

van914
WRX914
The car looks fantastic. smilie_pokal.gif In my opinion, a perfect example of an OEM resto!

again congrats!

burnout.gif driving.gif drooley.gif clap56.gif
WRX914
even though I am sure it is better than OEM!
TJB/914
Hi Doug,

Gorgeous 914 and detailed to perfection. I love the personal touches like the painted crest on the steering wheel pad.

You have now entered a place on the porch with the big dogs. Congratulations on a beautiful restoration.

Tom
Joe Bob
Who did your carpets?
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Jun 30 2006, 11:07 AM) *

WOW!! Is that the same car that you were driving at FFC 04? I guess you won't be winning dirtiest engine bay anymore biggrin.gif

I need to check availability for Garold's BBQ, but if I can go, and if you are going, want to meet up and caravan?

Not the same car that I drove to FFC in 04. That one was too far gone to restore -I am parting it out.

Not able to make it to Garold's on the 5th mad.gif
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(arc914 @ Jun 30 2006, 11:26 AM) *

Where did you get your interior carpet?
Andrew in the Soo

I bought the carpet from Dave at GPR. It is an Auto's Int'l carpet set. I was able to buy it for less from Dave than buying from Auto's Int'l direct.

I installed the carpet. No glue at all so far. I have a couple of small tweeks to get it to lay just a bit better.
Joe Bob
Looks nice....I need to do a kit in the /6 I just bought. I've used APPBIZ in the past.

I'm leaning towards something light....I'm tired of all black interiors. The new ride has a dark red/burgundy exterior.
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jun 30 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Love the air dam (that's what I'm running), love the color (same as my Squareback), love the rims (polished or chromed?)! pray.gif

My air dam from my previous teener:
IPB Image
Got mine from AA in the late '90s.

I liked the air dam from the first time that I saw it!

I have checked out the link to your squareback -nice!

The wheels are polished. Al Reed did an outstanding job on the wheels.
Flat VW
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jun 29 2006, 08:52 PM) *

This is one nice car, seen it in person. Great job Doug. clap56.gif

Boy, no kiddin'. This is one to see fellas, probably the nicestest teener I've ever seen. Nicer than new.

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jun 30 2006, 03:18 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
Doug:
You going to make it to Garolds event ,Aug. 5th in Portage. Can't wait to see it. Dave slap.gif

By trailer.... chairfall.gif

John

P.S. Howdy William! smile.gif laugh.gif w00t.gif w00t1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.