Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else scrambling to get their car ready for WCC?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
As luck would have it I was driving my car on the freeway today and out of nowhere a piece of aluminum is slapping me upside the head. After I mop up the mess in my seat from having the shit scared out of me, I realize that my windshield trim has come loose at the bottom corner and flipped back into the car(It's still attached at the top middle) So I reach out at 70mph and attempt to gently pull the piece into the car. Luckily all the small connector pieces stayed put. So now I am stuck half-assing the thing since I won't be able to get it done correctly prior to WCC. Oh well....looks like I'll have to pony up and buy new trim, clips and have the windshield removed to put it all together correctly.

Hell, I'm not even home from WCC yet and I have a to-do list.... screwy.gif
Bleyseng
I am scrambling to finish up a few little things on my car trying to get it ready too.

Got a brand new rear Koni spewing oil all over the rear trunk. Come on Koni ship a new one fast!

Paint? What to do with the paint....

Throttle cable

clutch adjustment

re install stereo
pete-stevers
I am up to eyeballs in trying to ty up loose ends.....three to four days a week for th last few weeks....and i still have to fix my master cylinder....rear deck lid shocks....i would really like to have moved the engine lid latch....a vacuum issue in the engine.....but i am going to drive the Harlot there...if i have to hold the damn thing togather with bale wire!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
jimtab
I am replacing ALL my fuel lines and clamps...after another line failure on the way back from RWC the other nite...I am tired of this shit...got the 7mm Porsche approved fuel line and a whole shitload of the approved pricey clamps. But the ends of my line were trashed by the other (worm gear) type...no more. Every thing else is ready...now if Lyn will just come back from Scotland we can DO this.
Air_Cooled_Nut
I scrambled two weeks ago w/installing the new tranny. The car is my Ugly Duckling but she's off the jackstand habit for now. Can't wait for work tomorrow cuz I gets to drive her boldblue.gif
Mueller
NOPE...I came to the conclusion a few months ago that I wouldn't be taking my 914 to the WCC, nothing but calm has followed...no stress, no worries biggrin.gif
McMark
agree.gif

Me too Mike.
dinomium
Still need to put the wires back under the dash, try to get some tunes working, re install the dash kit
but what I really REALLY NEED to do is re-goo my rear window!! this is the first teener I have had with a loose rear glass panel and I am about ready to chair.gif or ar15.gif or givemebeer.gif

Could this be the year I show up and with a 914?? Tune in later!!
ThinAir
I got back from my trip to Michigan last night at midnight and I'm leaving Saturday morning for WCC so tonight was the night to put Jeff Bowlsby's FI harness on the engine. Took me two hours in the dark, but it's done and I like it.

All that's left now is to vacuum the teener, then hook it up behind the Eurovan. WooHoo!
Loser_Cruiser
Just repaired the wireing under the dash from the PO when he put in a crappy alarms system. TOmorrow Im resealing the rear window. then some time this week Im pulling the old engine swapping the FI stuff on to the other engine and praying we can put it back right and that it runs.oh yeah I need to get new front shocks and 4 tires
J P Stein
Humm.....I think I'll go fix sumthin' that ain't broke.
That usually gets me behind the 8 ball biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Dino

Enough with the suspense stuff. You get that car down there or Al, Kevin and I will come pay you a visit and beat the sh*t out a you with the old struts we spent a Saturday replacing. Capeesh?

Dave
rhodyguy
does an engine swap qualify for scrambling?

k
greenie
Scrambling? Not me!

I'm absolutely out of time since I'm leaving for vacation today.

I've been trying for weeks to figure out why my car is running so rich.

I caved in, took it to a PRO, Monty @ Redmond European, a couple of hours later I get a call. Good to go!

It seems some knucklehead ( me when I had the engine out ) had a breather hose incorrectly located. So much fo the manifold pressure working properly.

Life is great!!!!!!!! clap56.gif

See everyone next weekend! givemebeer.gif

Curt
Gint
Scrambling... idea.gif

Yeah, I might wash it before I leave.

Allright, maybe a valve adjustment too.
fiid
Yeah, I'm scrambling like a diner chef in Scambled-Eggs-Ville.

1. Run new power via MS relay for second fan (one fan is on a fan switch - the other is MS controlled)
2. Paint back side of firewall & install dynamat (primarily for heat insulation)
3. Oil change (switching to synthetic)
4. Fabricate exhaust with a real muffler.
5. Put in a trunk floor in the rear trunk.
6. Insall amplifier for stereo together with HUGE power line.
7. Attempt to improve my tuning situation. Make a new ignition map.
8. Check timing
9. Get a toolkit and appropriate spares together. Attempt to create enough space in the front trunk to store anything....

Probably be a busy weekend... at least I have July 4th to work on it too smile.gif

MartyYeoman
Was scrambling up until last weekend. It's all smooth sailing now.

Here is my completed list:
Hellhole repair (Thanks again McMark)
Engine bay clean and paint
Reseal engine (front and rear crank, pushrod tubes, oil cooler, etc)
Back date exhaust (SSI modified to accept '75-76 Bursch muffler system)
Newer backpad and sheepskin seat covers

Started driving it again last Monday. All is good again mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
McMark
Good to hear you got it buttoned up Marty, I was thinking about you this week and wondering how it was going.
Flat VW
[quote name='MW 914' date='Jun 29 2006, 09:02 PM' post='716255']
I realized that my windshield trim has come loose at the bottom corner and flipped back into the car.

Mikey, I have IN STOCK a new windshield trim, in the box with all the clips that I had for the wrecked car, supposedly NOS.

It is yours, for my cost, if you want it. If not I will use it for our white car.

John wavey.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jun 30 2006, 12:41 PM) *

Mikey, I have IN STOCK a new windshield trim, in the box with all the clips that I had for the wrecked car, supposedly NOS.

It is yours, for my cost, if you want it. If not I will use it for our white car.

John wavey.gif

SOLD! I'll get it from you when I get back from WCC if that is good for you. Thanks John.
Flat VW
No problemo ph34r.gif
byndbad914
I was scrambling for a few months there hoping to do the tube chassis and have it running mid-June to track test one day and then trailer up there. Then along came a nice (irritating) 5-week setback that has the car slated for end of July now. F-ing machinists... oh well, wishing everyone a good time!!
burnout.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif icon8.gif barf.gif yawn.gif beer.gif - in that order of course, no drinky and drivey, but party 'til you hurl and wake up to a beer to kill the hangover!
iamchappy
I am a member of the club waiting on others to help me get the car done, I so wanted to come out this year, I have many friends living in the Columbia river gorge, it used to be a summer hang out for me wind surfing the swells.

The event was going to be me and my son Ollies and journey together.
maybe next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.