Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for an Alternator Idiot Light?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wertygrog
Hello folks,
I've been troubleshooting my 914's charging system which hasn't been working since i purchased my car several months ago (been busy fixing the rust) and the idiot light bulb is busted, which i believe kills the charging system. So I need a new one. I think the bulb says 12V 2W on it....can I just go to my FLAPS and pick up an identical bulb, or do I need to find an internet source? I know the bulb should be replaced with an identical stock one....

Thanks alot! I did try the search BTW! bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif

Brent
McMark
NAPA parts # 11009. Most places should be able to cross reference that number.
Joe Bob
I bought a whole box...
12v 2w BA 7s 1551
wertygrog
ummm....did you know that off the top of your head? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks man! I can't wait to get this little beast on the road!! for now i just sit in it making vrooooming noises and pretend to shift even though I don't know how to drive a stick shift yet! biggrin.gif

Another quick question: it appears the bulb in the brake warning light area is MIA.....does this take the same bulb as the alt. warning light?

thanks a bunch!
McMark
Yup. Get a box and replace them all. They get dimmer with age. I think you need 16 for all three gauges.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Jun 29 2006, 10:20 PM) *

ummm....did you know that off the top of your head? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nope....little box be sitting here next to my computer....rest of it's in German.
"Anzeige-Lampen"
SirAndy
QUOTE("Z" @ Jun 29 2006, 10:59 PM) *

"Anzeige-Lampen"

"Indicator Bulbs" would be a fairly good translation ...

beer.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.