Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick release steering wheel hub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
hars914
I am in the process of getting a quick release hub for my new track car.
What are you guys using? I have a Momo wheel. I need one that does not
push the wheel a lot closer to the driver. Is a weld on good?
Jeroen
If you don't want one that doesn't move the wheel (much) closer, you should check with OG Racing
TimT
I have a Teknic, moved the wheel out about 3/4 in which gets your knuckles away from the turn signal/wiper stalks.

I think it was $99
smdubovsky
Search pelican. I've recently tried the ball bearing types and like them MUCH better than the splined type. Definately stay away from the splined sparco one the OG racing sells. The tekniq might be the thinnest though. Going to a flat dish wheel like the momo prototipo can cancel most of the depth change of any Q.R. though.

SMD

Jeroen
you can also check http://www.goingsuperfast.com
(yeah, I know, cheesy name rolleyes.gif)
nebreitling
jesus christ, did a 9-year old make that site?
Jeroen
yep, the site looks like total crap
but he does answer his e-mails and his prices are decent, so who cares?
nebreitling
i agree -- i just got a kick out of that pic... i'm actually considering buying that exact QR!
Jeroen
just so you know
that ballbearing hub will only fit on a momo/sparco/omp style wheel and hub
NOT on a nardi/personal/raid hub
smdubovsky
The "D1-spec" QR he has on his site for $100 can be found on ebay for ~$22 shipped! I have one;) I have both the D1 and a Netami. Both are drilled for both the momo and nardi bolt patterns on each end.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

FWIW, I cut the "hub" off an old stock steering wheel to get the splined part & turn cancel ring by simply drilling out the rivets. I then drilled it to the momo patter and mounted the QR/wheel directly to it to avoid having the additional thickness of a momo adapter.

SMD
J P Stein
I actually need to move the steering wheel (Momo) about 1.5 inches closer to me.
I have short legs & long arms, but have to muscle the wheel a bit. biggrin.gif
Any recommendations?
Jeroen
JP, you can get a spacer (goes between the hub and the wheel) or a deep dish wheel

a QR will move it closer to you too AND it's easier to get in/out of the car (specially if the wheel is close to you)
J P Stein
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jul 2 2006, 06:28 PM) *

JP, you can get a spacer (goes between the hub and the wheel) or a deep dish wheel

a QR will move it closer to you too AND it's easier to get in/out of the car (specially if the wheel is close to you)

Ah, Yes......I was leaning towards the QR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.