Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAN'T GET IN THE REAR TUNK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
Purchased the rear trunk cable release from Engman, worked like a charm. I pulled out the cable to route through my backpad. Pulled that to repair it, and routed the cable. Well now the release won't work. My fault, not the product. Can anyone tell me if I can access the release with the lid locked? headbang.gif
nomore9one4
I assure you it is locked for good. You should probably just junk the car it is no longer any good to society. sad.gif Actually you have quit abit of work ahead of you. Do a search there was just this same problem on here a few months back. Something with a series of socket extension through the targa clip cups and alot of patience. blink.gif
JoeSharp
Brian: People have talked of going through the cup of the top hooks. I just drilled the hole.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
Brian: Now that I've thought about it this time I woulduse a small allen wrinch and drill the hole up about 1/4" up from where I did before and fill it with black RTV.
:PERMAGRINM:Joe
TINCAN914
Thanks for the help Joe, I will give it a shot... Appreciate it.. smiley_notworthy.gif
JoeSharp
It's about 2" from the outside of the body to where the latch is released. Plus the reflector, your going to need something about 3" long to make it work. I would pick something like a long allen about 1/16th and drill the hole in the center of the S, cause you got to hunt for it anyway.
TINCAN914
JOE YOU ROCK!!! THAT WAS A CAKE WALK!!!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif 3/16" drill bit, and small screw driver.. You just saved me hours of heartache....
Thanks again Mr. jsharp.gif

beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
Thanks Brian. I always kept the screw driver in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.