Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the WCC O6 Schedule of events?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
I have been looking on the site and can't find anything about whats happening.

other than saturdays drive and PIR on Sunday.
URY914
The bar opens early on Friday....
boxstr
We will let you know exactly what is going to happen when you get here Geoff.
Craig
Air_Cooled_Nut
Got a list of times? Don't want people showing up for the meet-n-greet at 7am when it's really 7pm wink.gif BTW, I just made up those times, I have no idea when it starts confused24.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 30 2006, 08:29 AM) *

We will let you know exactly what is going to happen when you get here Geoff.
Craig

Since I haven't received any info via the mail or email on what to do or what time, I am planning on Friday morning showing up at the Monarch Hotel..

More info would be nice instead of "When you get here" as Portland is big.
boxstr
I will be at the Monarch at 12 Noon Friday to setup the Regisration room, since that is the time it will be ready, as per the Monarch Hotel.
After that most people who arrive will want to go to their rooms and then wash their 914s which will be in the south parking lot , soap and hoses and towels will be availalbe.
The Meet and Greet is very informal it is not a planned event, just hang out and meet other people, thats it, it starts when you get more than two 914 owners together.
Craig
Bleyseng
Ok, thanks! biggrin.gif
mightyohm
What time is the parade lap at PIR?

What time are things wrapping up on Sunday?

A concrete schedule would be very helpful for those who are planning flights etc.

Also a link from the WCC banner to the info page regarding the hotel etc would be helpful. People probably have forgotten what the WCC hotel is by now. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 30 2006, 08:29 AM) *

We will let you know exactly what is going to happen when you get here

that's a "interesting" marketing strategy ...

av-943.gif Andy
rhodyguy
the foglight kit give away at camp914 is from 6:30-6:45am.

k
J P Stein
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Jun 30 2006, 10:54 AM) *

A concrete schedule would be very helpful for those who are planning flights etc.

The concrete truck arrives at 9 AM Sunday. I ordered 3 yards....of course you can take flight before that.... We'll select which 914 cockpit to fill soon after that.....leave your roof off, you could get lucky. The AX starts at 10AM Sunday, but if you "get lucky", I suggest you leave a couple hours to let the ballast set up so the load don't shift.

Pleased to have been a help I'm sure. biggrin.gif

WCC AX chairman.
DNHunt
JP

If I choose to have my car filled with concrete what pressure should I have my tires inflated to? Also, if I am in the car are there any plans for driver extraction? Can I request a washed aggregate finish? If I have the car on jackstands can it then become a permanent piece of urban sculpture? Since the track is a city park can I be reimbursed for my expenditures? If they ask nicely I might throw in the jackstands.

Dave
mightyohm
screwy.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 30 2006, 03:38 PM) *

JP

If I choose to have my car filled with concrete what pressure should I have my tires inflated to? Also, if I am in the car are there any plans for driver extraction? Can I request a washed aggregate finish? If I have the car on jackstands can it then become a permanent piece of urban sculpture? Since the track is a city park can I be reimbursed for my expenditures? If they ask nicely I might throw in the jackstands.

Dave

You got me, pard.. I just do the concrete...ask Craig about the finer points of this event.
DNHunt
Jeff

Not so screwy.gif . Kind of frustrated.
Bleyseng
I think we should order Liteweight concrete so Dave can still AX. alfred.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 30 2006, 03:38 PM) *

JP

Dave

When they finish the crete on top will they put French drains so the water dosen't

run inside, rust ya know. You all have fun there in Baja Canada
Porsche Rescue
I'll try to help a small bit......parade lap is about noon. There will be dozens of marque "corrals" and each will "parade" so our group of 914's will be amongst the MG's, Mustangs, Porsches, Mercedes, BMW's, Corvettes plus every other make you can think of. This is a big event.

The races usually end about 5pm. However you can leave every 20 minutes or so (we will be in the infield so you are captive except between races). I don't know when the drawing for the car will occur. Maybe during Saturday's group dinner. Anyway, you need not be present to win. Hope this helps a little.
mightyohm
Thanks Jim!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.