Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Performance Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkslvr
Alright I am all set with my Parts and equipment

Just one question that ran into my mind last night

What will I get in performance with a full racing suspension, Lightened body, and about 145hp engine? pretty much a street legal race car...

Does anyone have a set up like this, how does it act?

thanks
Bleyseng
A speeding ticket
So.Cal.914
Well I don't have 145hp but ever with 110 it is the funnest car I have ever owned.

Wait till you see the looks on the faces of the guys in their vets and 911's when

you out perform them in the canyons. Be careful and have fun.
Mueller
what is a "full racing suspension"???? blink.gif

anyways, best comparison would be look at the magazines and compare to vehicle with similar specs...such as Miata or Lotus...the biggest advantage most modern cars have over the 914 is better shifting and better gearing...the 1st to 2nd is not too performance freindly on a 914

even bone stock with no swaybars, crappy tires and tired 1.8 motor the 914 can be blast one under way.....fine tuning the suspension, better tires and a stronger motor make it even better !!!!!

it'll be a fun car without a doubt driving.gif
Bleyseng
So I have 22mm Tbars, 21mm Front sway bar, Turbo tierods, polybronze bushing, konis, ball joints, konis in the rear with 200lb springs on adjustable perches, 911 front vented disc with Carrera calipers, close ratio gear box, 120hp 2056cc motor with Djet.

Its fast, handles amazing and on a bumpy street its STIFF. Loafing down the freeway at 70 its fine, on a track its predictable and keeps me outta trouble. AXing its fast and neutral handling so I can toss it around or let the rear hang out on tight hair pin turns under control.

Depending on the parts you bought you will have the biggest grin on your face when you drive it. bye1.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 30 2006, 10:41 AM) *

So I have 22mm Tbars, 21mm Front sway bar, Turbo tierods, polybronze bushing, konis, ball joints, konis in the rear with 200lb springs on adjustable perches, 911 front vented disc with Carrera calipers, close ratio gear box, 120hp 2056cc motor with Djet.

Its fast, handles amazing and on a bumpy street its STIFF. Loafing down the freeway at 70 its fine, on a track its predictable and keeps me outta trouble. AXing its fast and neutral handling so I can toss it around or let the rear hang out on tight hair pin turns under control.

Depending on the parts you bought you will have the biggest grin on your face when you drive it. bye1.gif

couldnt agree more!
i have about the same setup, and is pretty stiff (CA has some reaaaaally crappy roads too) add 5 point harnesses, some sticky rubber and it has been the most fun car i have ever driven....

AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.