Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever Elusive Targa Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WRX914
http://cgi.ebay.com/PORSCHE-914-NEW-HARDTO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here she is! But you gotta have deep pockets!

Looks like AA

blink.gif
Allan
Somebody will buy it being that it's the only one known to exist on the planet...
Dr Evil
Nice, they will sell them at over 2x the cost on ebay thus keeping the market value high.

Too bad the seal will split in 3 with in the first month. Mine did way back when I bought one from them.
WRX914
AA claims they have never sold a repro seal for the top targa (the one pictured above). This must be an original? Or did someone else make this seal?

confused24.gif
Chris Pincetich
Whatever - I got a factory one out of a parts car. Once I got the grime off = perfect condition! smilie_pokal.gif
The trick to removing it from the parts car intact was to "buy" the chrome pieces also, then PRY/BREAK off the chrome strips from the car. After it was all removed, the uncrimping and delicate removal (soap) was not so scary. But for the true CW, mine is not "new" beerchug.gif
JPB
Didn't PP have a thread on making one for like 10$ yourself? I know I read it somewhere.
Allan
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 30 2006, 04:13 PM) *

Didn't PP have a thread on making one for like 10$ yourself? I know I read it somewhere.

I think that was for the rear seal on the top...
scotty b
Anyone else notice that in the past couple of months there has been a TON of Porsche parts from several 'differen sellerspopping up on e-bay. Maybe coincidence or maybe AA is selling through the employees? confused24.gif Just food for thought. I'm not trying top start another AA thread it was just something i have noticed and thought was kind of strange
SLITS
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 30 2006, 04:13 PM) *

Rear Targa seal for $8.00 from a garage door seal......

The absuridity begins...............,
chilli
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jun 30 2006, 12:00 PM) *

AA claims they have never sold a repro seal for the top targa (the one pictured above). This must be an original? Or did someone else make this seal?

confused24.gif

It is original look at all the white stuff on it. Factory protectant. Like to one I sold to 914 club member awhile back.

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.