Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could My Old Springs Sag That Much?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I keep looking at the height of the teener since installing the 110# springs and, I swear, it looks at least 1" higher in the rear. What I can't figure out is the new springs are 3" shorter than the stock ones. I made sure the ends fit into the shock ends correctly. Anyone shed some light on this?
bruce
Brad Roberts
The stock ones where shot by some 4 inches... so it raised the car 1 inch. Very common for this too happen when replacing the springs.

People will call the parts place and argue that the new springs "raised" their car even tho they "bought" lowered springs. The dumbass manufacturers should remove any mention of "stock" in their paperwork.

B
ChrisReale
Jeez Bruce, with your KYB's and new springs, you are about ready for some 914 off-road action. There is a parts car around here with Bilsteins all around. If you are interested, I could go look and see if they are still there. Might give you some ride height adjustability...??
Brad Roberts
Junk the KYB's. Used Bilsteins will ride better than any KYB.

B
Bruce Allert
I kinda figured as much (I never put anything back together wrong!) laugh.gif As for the off road action that is the way it looks with a slight Calif. rake.
Sure Chris, if the Blisteins are still available for not too much $$$ I'd luv to have some adjustability. Been waiting for the right time to junk the KYB's Brad, guess the right time is now. Check those out for me Chris and send me your address so I can send you the movie CD with you at AX.
bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.