Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have any experience w/ BPR brake pads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I just bought a set of BPR kevlar/ceramic pads for my 930 brakes. The guys at Paragon seem to believe they are decent pads for the street and occasional track time. Anyone have these in their car? If so, what comments good/bad might you have?

Bill
Eric_Shea
PBR

Organics are good street pads. I can get the ceramics but I've yet to try them because they don't offer a match for the 914 rear. Can't tell ya.

(Be the first to write a review for the PBR Ceramic brake pads!) wink.gif
nbscooters
ive noticed you dont have to drill those PBR pads too to fit the brake hardware.
Aaron Cox
porterfield R4 S
MoveQik
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 30 2006, 07:41 PM) *

porterfield R4 S

They get my vote. Just got them put on my car yesterday. Locks up the wheels no sweat if you choose. Now if I can just get rid of the squeeking.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 30 2006, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 30 2006, 07:41 PM) *

porterfield R4 S

They get my vote. Just got them put on my car yesterday. Locks up the wheels no sweat if you choose. Now if I can just get rid of the squeeking.....

mine dont squeek, sounds like you didnt bed them in right.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 30 2006, 07:55 PM) *

Sorry for the hijacked.gif but how exactly would I go about doing that? Not that it is getting done before WCC.
wbergtho
I'll install them tommorrow...bed them in...and drive 200 miles to see how they work. After which, I'll post my review for anyone interested.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 30 2006, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 30 2006, 07:55 PM) *

Sorry for the hijacked.gif but how exactly would I go about doing that? Not that it is getting done before WCC.

you have to do it first, and gotta do it right....

it may be too late, but worth a shot.....

you do a long series of stops. find a abandoned or not popular road...
do 10 stops from 10-0. then pull over and let em cool for a bit, or just drive around with no braking, then you do 10 stops from 20-0 etc... work your way up to like 45-0 and let em cool between passes......

szuccaro
I have PBR brakes on my 914 and my wife's 328i..... like em! Steve
jasons
I just got the PBR XBG semi metallics (metal masters) for my 944S2. Plan on getting them in this weekend. 944 guys recommend them so thats what I went with. That also explains Paragons recomendation, a couple of the guys there race 944's.
wbergtho
I Just installed the BPR Ceramic D440C brake pads from Paragon Products and dumped my old brake fluid in favor of Motul fluid. Now my pedal is as firm as a stiff @$%&* and the braking is already much improved only after bedding them in using the Pagid recommendations...( 80mph down to 50 mph 4 times & 110 mph down to 50 mph 4 times w/ mild braking to clean). I found a lonely country road out in Wisconsin and let her rip. If a cop had stopped me, I would have simply explained that I was only following the Pagid break in instructions and he would have had to let me go....NOT lol. The real test is how they behave on BIR Int'l raceway on July 4th. It's a 3 mile track and has a straight that allows fast cars to reach speeds over 175mph. I'll give the full report after I get back from the track.

Bill driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.