Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G50
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
I was told there is someone around (USA) that builds a sequential G50.

Found an Australian company, but no one here.

Please advise.

Britain Smith
I thought that Jerry Woods did something like that...

-Britain
Randal
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jun 30 2006, 11:38 PM) *

I thought that Jerry Woods did something like that...

-Britain

Thanks Britain, I'll check with him.

Believe it or not I picked up my heads/pistons/cylinders from Jay yesterday after a year.

Nice work though. That little 2.0 should be a nice motor with those "flowing" heads (200cfm intake and 149cfm exhaust) and Jake's matching cam. It will be interesting to see it on the dyno with the TWM throttle bodies and Link injection.
Britain Smith
Nice...who knows, you might have a running car before I do. Too many things to do, not enough time.

-Britain
Brad Roberts
Randal,

the Sequential boxes are being used in GT3RSR's

It is based on the G50. With enouhg time and money, you can convert a 993 style tranny to sequential.

Jeff Gamroth near Britain has done the conversion.

They are not G50's at that point, but they are based on the G50

B
nine14cats
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 2 2006, 03:52 PM) *

Randal,

the Sequential boxes are being used in GT3RSR's

It is based on the G50. With enouhg time and money, you can convert a 993 style tranny to sequential.

Jeff Gamroth near Britain has done the conversion.

They are not G50's at that point, but they are based on the G50

B

B,

Will the modified box fit my semi-tube 914 and also in my 911 without sticking out all over the place? How much.....ballpark?

Bill P.
DanT
Hey Bill,
There goes your RV allowance biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
mendeola makes 6spd sequentials...

weigh the cost vs a flipped g50 mod

http://www.mendeolatransaxles.com/
nine14cats
I was just curious on the length of the mod.... biggrin.gif

Bill P.
DanT
Sure you were laugh.gif
nine14cats
happy11.gif
Brad Roberts
It will fit your car Bill. Just barely.

The issue is: you have to run it upside down. Nobody makes a reverse hypoid R+P set for the G50 style tranny's. Upside down is not that big of an issue.

Here is what I would do:

Buy a true cable shifted 01+ used GT3 or GT3RS tranny and the electronic shifter offered by a UK company. Chris (Cop Car Boxster guy) runs one and finally figured it all out.

These are all 6 speed boxes with 100's of different ratios available.

Scratch some of that.. the street GT3 tranny has a shorter R+P ratio for the weight of your car. It would actually make it more useable.

Not sure what clutch you have right now..

B
nine14cats
Hi B,

I think that Chris (cop car Boxster) went away from the sequential for now due to shifting problems.

For the 911 I'm running a Porsche Motorsports 4 puck and lightened flywheel.

The Beast currently does not have a clutch package as of yet.

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
I just found a PM buried from you! about the 901. I wasnt ignoring you.

The late GT3 boxes use the G50 splines for the clutch. I forget the actual spline count. We just went through all of this on the 3.6 993 when Porsche motorsports gave us a Sachs triple disc setup.

I think the sequential is a good idea, but I think I personally would stick with a cable shifted box. Less headache. You know they cant be that good, if the top teams install and adjust a spare set of cables ready to go in the car! NO bullshit. My friend Betim was on Speed during Leman replacing a shifter and cables because some of the teams havent figured this out yet. The systems fail on occasion.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.