Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sporadic funky shifting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
I did the bushings, the fluid is topped off and it usually shifts fine. Occasionally, it will nick reverse going into second, or go from second to fifth, instead of third. It does not seem to matter what RPM I shift at, sometimes it does it when I am puttering along, sometimes when I am hammering on it a bit. What would this be, hopefully something along the lines of adjusting the shifter, rather than a teardown, partial or complete.

Besides that, it is running like a champ, new starter was a good move, even seems to run a bit cooler since I I got it tuned up right. The tach sort of goes in and out, but I am listening more than looking most of the time when I shift anyway.
SGB
you need to fine tune the actual shifter. You may screw it up more before you get it happy, but don't be afraid, eventually you will hit the sweet spot. Pelican has a tech article on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.