Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cup Rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I have a line on a set of 16" x 6" front and 8" rear rims for my 914.
1st - will they fit with hub adapters?
2nd - what are they worth?
Tx
Doug
DanT
those wheels came stock on '92 C2s and 968s. They are cast not forged and were not considered "cup" wheels. Just a nice looking wheel that is similar in appearance to a cup wheel.

I bought a set for a 951 several years ago for $400.

Not to rain on your parade. smile.gif
Andyrew
8's wont fit your car.... (obviously..)

You'll probably get 500 for em.
tracks914
I will be flaring the car to a 916 look, the 8's should fit then.
Joe Bob
Use spacers....not adapters. Convert to five lug.

Spacers that change lug patterns from 4 to 5 lug are unsafe.
Aaron Cox
werd...

do a 5 lug conversion, as adpaters are unsafe....

6's wont fill out your front flares... 8's wont fill out your back flares...

i would say 8's all around with a spacer on the rear...
or 7 and 8's ....

6's are for narrow body cars...
tracks914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 1 2006, 09:56 AM) *

werd...

do a 5 lug conversion, as adpaters are unsafe....

6's wont fill out your front flares... 8's wont fill out your back flares...

i would say 8's all around with a spacer on the rear...
or 7 and 8's ....

6's are for narrow body cars...

Where 911s are abundant and parts can be found for a few hundred dollars a full conversion is easy. Not my case 500 miles north of Toronto with the only 2 914's in a 400 mile radius.
I did a post asking who has had or actually seen an adapter failure but nobody responded as to having actually seen one. I agree the concept of bolting an adapter never appealed to me for that reason but having seen a few 911's with multiple spacers bolted in, and finding out Porsche did the same thing on some cars, I thought it might not be too bad and long as they were hub-centric.
Just what would the difference be between adding bolt in spacers or the proper bolt in adapter? confused24.gif
Thanks for the info on the rim widths, I think I will look for 7 and 8's unless the price comes down...alot.
Tx
Andyrew
Shipping is a good thing doug....

Lets put it this way.

You put those cheep ass things on your car... Half the people here will not drive in your car, or race while your on the track (iffin the case may be...)

It is extremely unsafe. Either keep it 4 lug... Or do it right.

There is a HUGE difference in quality on the "bolt on spacers" to the "bolt on adapters... The bolt on adapters look like shit. poorly made, way to much slop in all the clearances, PCA will not let you run with them, If I was a cop... and I saw those, I would write you a fix it ticket if I was in a good mood, and if I saw you drivin a little wreckless... I would make you tow the car home, and take it off....

It should be illegal to 914 owners...

BUT. If you went online, and bought one of the ebay kits that the guys make custom out of billet, I wouldnt say anything bad... That kit is of good quality, and he stands behind his work.

Andrew
tracks914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 1 2006, 11:30 AM) *

BUT. If you went online, and bought one of the ebay kits that the guys make custom out of billet, I wouldnt say anything bad... That kit is of good quality, and he stands behind his work.

Andrew

Online kits??? I did a search and didn't find any.
Tx
BTW I plan on taking about 3 years to do this restoration so if a deal on a 911 front end comes by it will definately be my first choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.