Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rolling out rear fenders with BB bat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Just before she gets professionaly touched up and painted I'm thingking of rolling the rear fenders on a stock body. How do I do this, any advise? I was also wondering if there is any advantages for rear tire sizing with 5.5 Westerns. Can I put some fatter meats in the rear once rolled v.s. unrolled. If ya got some pics, don't be shy and if haven't got any, keep it entertaining. THNX.
JPB
I will post pics of the process today once you give me the instructions.
mcbain77
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 1 2006, 05:43 AM) *

i don't know if this is a waste of money or not but it seemed like a really cool way to do it. Kinda pricey though . . .

Eastwood Fender Roller
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(mcbain77 @ Jul 1 2006, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 1 2006, 05:43 AM) *

i don't know if this is a waste of money or not but it seemed like a really cool way to do it. Kinda pricey though . . .

Eastwood Fender Roller

our fenders arent round... so that tool wont work....

basically you wedge the bat between the fender lip and the tire.. and slowly roll he bat forward and back... you can also roll the car slowly forward and back, then gradually apply more leverage (by pushing the lower end of the bat harder into the tire)

you WILL crack your paint most likely, you WILL crease your fender most likely...

just hammer dolly work to clean it up
Bleyseng
screw the bat use a old shock as the metal edge of the fender digs in and didnt roll or stretch the fender out for me.

I did it on the front and rear so I can sneak 15x7 with 205x50's now without rubbing. Gives the car a nice fatter look too. See my blog for some pics.
Oled
Take your time and gradually get to fatter parts of the bat. Easier if you roll the car back and forth. Any repaint will crack but there is a decent chance original paint will not. I was able to use 7" wheels with 225's after these minor adjustments. If your are thinking of running under strict PCA rules such as at Parade this mod used to be penalized. have not read the recent rules.

You do not have to do anything to the front to run 15x7's with 205/50's.
jd74914
I used a jack and a formed piece of wood and pumped away smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jul 1 2006, 11:42 AM) *

problem with that is.. you are also flaring your inner fender..... (it deflects...)
anthony
I did my 911 without cracking the paint. It took many passes back and forth with the bat. I think the key is going slow, working it little by litte, and not trying to do too much all at once.
elwood-914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif Anyone??
jd74914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 1 2006, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jul 1 2006, 11:42 AM) *

problem with that is.. you are also flaring your inner fender..... (it deflects...)

I should have mentioned that the back didn't sit dirrectly on the inner fender; the force was spead out with a 2x4 running the entire length. It doesn't seem to me like the inner fender defected. It doesn't really take that much force to deform the outer fender. smile.gif
JPB
Thanks to all for some great information and am amazed at the creative ways which excludes the bat all together. I like the preformed wood idea since the end result is given by the wood shape being jacked. I guess having the wide tire already would help but I don't have one for the bat approach. As a new practice of stretching the fender, this jack idea seems a winner and will consider it. Thanks to all again for posting!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.