Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats a set of deep dish Fuchs (mint) worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Got a line on some deep dish Fuchs and wondering what the going rate is...

These are mint condition of a 69 S.
Aaron Cox
6's? 5.5's? 7's?

deep sixes go for 2k in primo shape
deep 7's (911R wheels) way more...
not sure about 5.5's but they are up there also
Joe Bob
I got $1500 for a set of fullpolish deep sixes about two years ago.
lapuwali
Deep-dish 6x15s go for about $1200-1500 a set.
Porsche Rescue
"mint" at least $2000
North Bay 914
The most I have seen was a set restored by Harvey Wiedman sell for $2400.00 restored to original, but the bottom is $300.00 a wheel for the 15X6, lower than that is a good deal.
JoeSharp
I like um.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Almost as much as a rear hood spring wrench w00t.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 1 2006, 04:10 PM) *

Almost as much as a rear hood spring wrench w00t.gif

biggrin.gif
JPB
I hate to crap on your info gathering but, as nice as these Fuches are and as much as they are, there are some awsome five lug Porsche wheels out there for alot less. Unless you are hard bit on these, I'd look for some newer ones that have some really good potential for some fat meats brother.
Joe Bob
That and if I remember correctly...they need tubes.
North Bay 914
They do not require tubes, but did use tubes from the factory. Any Fuchs wheel with the designation "J" in the size IE 6JX15 means that it will accept tubless tires. I think Harvey Wiedman schooled me on the meaning of J.
redshift
Wow, tiny versions of what my Lindsey's'll look like.

Nice..

Fuuuurry puppy too!

M
Aaron Cox
as i recall there are two versions of the deep six....

one requires tubes, and one is j rated...

you can machine the non j, to accept tubeless
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 1 2006, 06:40 PM) *

as i recall there are two versions of the deep six....

one requires tubes, and one is j rated...

you can machine the non j, to accept tubeless

No! There is a stim that works.
JPB
QUOTE(North Bay 914 @ Jul 1 2006, 08:52 PM) *

They do not require tubes, but did use tubes from the factory. Any Fuchs wheel with the designation "J" in the size IE 6JX15 means that it will accept tubless tires. I think Harvey Wiedman schooled me on the meaning of J.

I love Samoyeds!

cat.gif Wake up everybody, its a thunderstorme about ten miles away. ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!
RustyWa
OK, dumb question, but I am probably not alone. What is a "deep dish" wheel? Can someone show examples of a deep dish and a non-deep dish?
Bleyseng
Joe O'Brien posted a pic of the deep dish. Look at the "petals" and where it pushes out more in relation to the black background.
gregrobbins
What is the part number or numbers on the deep dished wheels?
JoeSharp
Greg: you are the second person to ask that. So I guess I'll pull a wheel tomorrow and post the numbers on the wheels on Beauty.
Rusty: The deep dish is in referance to the way the edege (or lip) comes in to the petals of the center. If you look at the picture of my rear wheel you can see that the lip of the wheel turnes in and gose deep towards the middle of the wheel, before it returns towards the center or the petal.
Bleyseng
72 Fuchs non-deep dished
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.