Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone using RX7 oil cooler, need help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
dougcoup
I have a RX7 Turbo oil cooler that I was using and blowing the oil filter seal with and I removed the thermostat to bypass it.

I met a Rich (nice GT5) at Gingerman the other day and he was running one too with the thermostate.

Question: Anyone else running this set up?
Which port is the in and the out (one on side or one on end?

Could oil coolers plumbed wrong on the in and out actually create enough back preasure to blow a seal?

Doug
Joe Ricard
waitng for the answer too. I have a RX-7 cooler ready to go in.
jhadler
The general use for the RX-7 cooler is to remove the thermostat and weld in AN fittings. At that point, there is no "in" and "out" port, it's just like all other oil coolers.... Even with the T-stat, it's just a bypass when the oil is cold.

-Josh2
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(jhadler @ Jul 6 2006, 02:00 PM) *

The general use for the RX-7 cooler is to remove the thermostat and weld in AN fittings. At that point, there is no "in" and "out" port, it's just like all other oil coolers.... Even with the T-stat, it's just a bypass when the oil is cold.

-Josh2

agree.gif
jhadler
Hey Heeltoe,

I have one of those light ube skylights in my house. Pretty cool. I don't know if it's one of yours, or some other company, but it really lights up the room. Pretty neat.

-Josh2
davep
I don't know if you have already factored this in, but one friend told me that he had to warm his car up slowly and carefully to ensure ALL the oil was up to temperature before taking the car onto the track. All his hasty friends kept blowing up their oil coolers by trying to pump cold vicuous oil through their coolers. He waited until the thermostat had openned and the oil in the cooler loop was up to temperature.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.