Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who can we hook up with in seattle?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
my brother and i would like to drive from Canada to seattle enroute to the wcc with a few teeners....
we can leave early in the morning to arrive in seattle at say 9am or 10 am
dave...dan....any one else???
let me know
steve
Bleyseng
I should be on the road about that time with the Nepal Orange 76. I don't think Blair will have the black 72 ready to go.
pete-stevers
geoff do you want to meet up some where?
Bleyseng
sure, call me when you are on the road. 206-790-0539
messix
i'll be getting on I5 at south everett about then, hauling the the teener in the trailer.
914werke
Troy why trailer it?
Bleyseng
Jackstands leave sparks! alfred.gif
rhodyguy
i strongly suggest you stop at the rest stop south of everett or the 164th st exit (gas stations to the left on 164th after you exit the freeway). the "pressure" once you hit seattle can be unbareable and you'll have a hard time finding a place to "relax".

k
messix
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jul 2 2006, 10:01 AM) *

Troy why trailer it?

'cause it will be my hotel room also
pete-stevers
so what time should i be in seattle??
i am three hours north.....and don't really want to hit rush in the morning
messix
'tween 10-11am is best.
pete-stevers
k between 10and 11.....
where??
J P Stein
and don't tarry. You wanna get into Poland before 2-2:30.
Earlier is better.
boxstr
You guys shold be okay since you are coming down I-205, even around 2-2:30. Its the going up that can be a real pain in the ass.
CCLINTRAVELER
914werke
Were comming down I-205? confused24.gif
Rand
The Monarch Hotel is just off 205. Google Map
J P Stein
I hit 205 headed North every week day around 2:45 PM. Southbound is a mess about half the time.....specially on a Friday. confused24.gif
messix
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jul 2 2006, 11:17 AM) *

so what time should i be in seattle??
i am three hours north.....and don't really want to hit rush in the morning

i'm getting on I5 just south of the everett rest stop about 10am and it should take about 3.5 hrs to get there. so about 1:30 - 2 pm arival time. yuo can call me on my cell when you get to the rest stop, i'm only 10 min. from the freeway.

425 418 8816

[ pull into the rest stop then call ]
DNHunt
See you guys down there; we are heading down the day before.

Dave
rhodyguy
jeez rich. why would you EVER bother with I-5 thru pdx? unless you're getting off in pdx proper, 205 is the only way to go. btw, last time thru the battleground area there was major resurfacing in the southbound lanes. i hope it's still not happening when we roll.

k
boxstr
Yes Rich you are coming down the I5 to the I205 interchange and then down I205 to the Monarch Hotel (Sunnyside road or Sunnybrook)offramp.
You won't have that big of a PITA driving south.
Craig
pete-stevers
i will callyou kevin. it looks like we will be leaving at 6am.....that puts me in north seattle at 8:30 -9ish are you up to leaving that early?
Bleyseng
U want that speedo? You can pick it up then if we hook up.
rhodyguy
you may still encounter some traffic when driving to seattle that early. hitting seattle at 10 is ideal for avoiding the morning commute into the city. my place is about 45 minutes to an hour away from geoff's house.

k
Bleyseng
Everyday there is traffic from Everett to past Tacoma ......there is no way to get around it. The Rush hour is from 7AM to about 9AM so you should be fine. dry.gif
rhodyguy
the Village Resturant in marysville is a good place for breakfast (4th ST exit, right next to I-5). if you make good time driving south, stop and relax for a bit. there is a large constuction zone on the south end of everett. you REALLY don't want to drive thru it during commute hours. departure from my place is 12ish. just give me a call if you're delayed steve. we'll wait for you. about 2 hours +/- to the monarch from my house. I-5 opens up south of olympia.

k
effutuo101
I am up to meeting some people Friday Morning. Let me know when and where. I live in Everett near Troy.
Chris
914werke
Ok we need to catch Steve on his way south.
effutuo101
Sounds good. Let me know when/where and I will be there even if to waive at people as they drive past. I think Jeff and I are going to hook up on Saturday morning for our drive to Portland. Maybe catch the tour in progress.... burnout.gif
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.