Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Porsche 914/6 GT Door Panel Photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
Since there's been a lot of talk about reproducing GT door panels lately, I thought it might be useful to have some good photos of the set of Porsche factory GT panels that I have.

Here are some of the medium sized shots. The BIG full sized versions of same photos can be found on my flickr.com page at http://flickr.com/photos/pixelrandy/sets/72157594183923964/

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
RoadGlue

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Let me know if you need any other photos. I tried to capture what I thought would be useful.
RoadGlue
As you can see from the photos, Porsche used good hardware but was sloppy with the parts you'd never really see. Glue runneth over, jagged vinyl cuts, etc. They're really flimsy as you might expect too.
JPB
Wow, these are simply beautiful.

smilie_pokal.gif Gotta get some of those!
sixnotfour
Those look great I will take em , thanks

Did you walk into Vasek P.'s parts dept ,talkto karl and get those? If only you all knew what was in the wharehouse at the time.
I paid 250. for mine with the leather pull straps.
So.Cal.914
Thanks for the educational media, now it's time for my carton of milk and a nap.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 1 2006, 07:10 PM) *

Those look great I will take em , thanks

Did you walk into Vasek P.'s parts dept ,talkto karl and get those? If only you all knew what was in the wharehouse at the time.
I paid 250. for mine with the leather pull straps.

I got them from Dug Wright when he off loaded his 914 stash before moving out to Colorado. I think they belonged to another 914-6 GT nut before that. I'd have to make a few phone calls to get more history.

Sounds like you got them for a good price!
JPB
As a newbie I need to ask if one only needs to pull on the leather strap to open the door since there is no holes for the inner door latchathingy. Did I invent something here? Crap, where's the paton on this?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 2 2006, 05:22 AM) *

As a newbie I need to ask if one only needs to pull on the leather strap to open the door since there is no holes for the inner door latchathingy. Did I invent something here? Crap, where's the paton on this?

Ummm, yeah. Sooo, yeah. OK.

The leather strap is used to unlatch and open the door.
smontanaro
Pat Garvey might like to have this thread (or at least the pix) over in the Concours forum...

Skip
RoadGlue
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jul 2 2006, 11:21 AM) *

Pat Garvey might like to have this thread (or at least the pix) over in the Concours forum...

Skip

Done! Good suggestion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.