Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: window adjusting...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
take a look at the pics below. the window on the drivers side doesn't go all the way to the roof line. door seems to be in good alignment. car doesn't sag from rust. i haven't torn into the door yet, just looking for input before i do. thanks....
scottb
nuther...
scottb
last one....

thanks in advance...
scottb
shit....here's the pic...
SirAndy
what year is your car?

i only know early cars (door-wise).
on the early cars, you have a adjustement srew on the bottom of the door for the window height (the one in the middle).
you'll need a flat-blade screwdriver and a wrench, i think it's a 10mm (or was it a 13?)...
there's a stop inside the window regulator that you move up/down with the screw.
make sure you don't give it too much room, otherwise you can crack the plastic on top of your front triangle window if you put too much pressure on the crank.

there are 2 more adjustements on the bottom, both adjust the window left/right in the front and the back.

Andy
Porsche Rescue
If you have late type window system there is an adjustable stop (10 mm headed bolt). It will be obvious once you remove door panel and roll window up. Not sure about early style but there must be something to adjust.
Porsche Rescue
Guess with Andy's post and mine all bases are covered. Not sure if "late" doors begin with '72 or '73 but it is one or the other.
MarkV
Late doors start in 73; mid 73 started door impact beams.
scottb
thanks gents.... that and changing the oil/transaxle will provide the weekend projects!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.